Flashing Brake Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Admore was a primary choice for me too, but it has integrated flasher...... cool sequential signals too, but alas, won't work with my Kisan system which turns my rear signals into running lights too. I needed a bare bones LED system, and it is similar to the Admore and way cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dominator 2 that you have is running about $130 plus the cost of the bracket. The DP2 is about is about $220.00 plus the cost of the bracket.

The single unit modules are less.

As far as build quality is concerned, my AdMore light bar is constructed out of quality materials and is very bright. It also contains running, turn, and brake lights into a single module for about $130 with the bracket.
Indeed the Dominator 2 is in the $125+ price range, but the interesting thing is that no brackets are required tio mount it on a Gen-II (probably not for the Gen-I either, but I haven't tried). Not even any holes to drill - and the installation is 'nuts and bolts solid!! So the overall price is the $125 plus the cost of your brake light flasher ($15 shipped).

There is also the fact that you can set it up so that when you activate your 4-ways the device can be made to automatically function like the police bar it was designed to be. It does require you to be handy with a relay and some electronic components.

Whelen's other benefit is that they engineer their items for severe police and industrial work - the things are built like a brick sh*thouse and carry a 5 year unconditional warranty (though maybe not if you've gone in and removed the flasher module, I suppose), Contrast this against Admore's one year guarantee.

The TIR3 is about $50 shipped - again, no extra parts required to mount it.

The Admore light bar and mini-light are probably best compared with the Whelen Strip-Lights in both their construction and their operation and sell for $129-$139 according to the Admore web site. The Whelen strip-lights can be had for $75+.

A side note for Strip-Light brake/tail & brake/tail/turn light model owners: They are equipped with flash modes on brake application; 1 Flash, 4 flashes and steady-burn. Whelen's documentation doesn't tell you how to switch between the various operating modes; Note that there are 2 pins sticking out of the potting material under the cover, toward the end away from the wiring. Power the unit up while shorting the two pins together and you can change modes. Had to find out the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the Comagination brake light flasher (Visistop IBF9) on 3 bikes over the past 5 years, including my FJR. It's inexpensive ($28.95), easy to install and it works well with the stock tail-light bulbs. The electronics are potted in epoxy, which should help avoid moisture-related problems. I have also used their headlight modulator on all 3 bikes and it's been solid. The taillight flasher and headlight modulator get quite a bit of attention, which is really the point.

Comagination Brake Light Flasher