Flashing Brake Lites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Anyone out there tried the selfcontained flashing tail light bulbs that flash when you brake. They are a replacement for stock tail light bulbs.

I got the inline modulator so everything in back will flash, I had the self contained bulbs and decided I wanted the Givi and brake lights to flash.

nah

3639659031_6a5d74ee7f.jpg

Anyone out there tried the selfcontained flashing tail light bulbs that flash when you brake. They are a replacement for stock tail light bulbs.
Given how few tail lights the FJR has from the factory, I didn't want to reduce their rear visibility more by having them off part of the time. Instead I installed Hyper-Lites and have been very happy with the results and their longevity.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/hyper/hyper.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Given how few tail lights the FJR has from the factory, I didn't want to reduce their rear visibility more by having them off part of the time. Instead I installed Hyper-Lites and have been very happy with the results and their longevity.

https://www.fjr-tips....yper/hyper.html
Same here. One of the first farkles I installed.

Are you talking about the Tail blazers bulbs that flash? I have those in conjunction with the Whelen light Galaxy Blue shows above.

The Tail Blazers are great and don't "turn off" your rear lights for any period of time. They will interfere with cruise control operation. However, since I don't have CC, I love them, and haven't had any issues with them.

I'll vouch for 'zillas set up.. Those fukers were bright :dribble:

Seen dot's for 6 hours after we'd finished for the day...

Are you talking about the Tail blazers bulbs that flash? I have those in conjunction with the Whelen Starburst DLX3 light Galaxy Blue shows above.

The Tail Blazers are great and don't "turn off" your rear lights for any period of time. They will interfere with cruise control operation. However, since I don't have CC, I love them, and haven't had any issues with them.
Fixed.

And a CLICKY for them.

Are you talking about the Tail blazers bulbs that flash? I have those in conjunction with the Whelen Starburst DLX3 light Galaxy Blue shows above.

Fixed.

And a CLICKY for them.
Um...Unless you changed your light out, you have the Whelen. How do I know you ask. Cuz that's the light I bought after you linked me to it. I still have your PM saved in my FJR email folder.

This is the link you sent:

SWPS

I got the "little" Whelen LIN3 with controller recommended by Fred W., and that little LED kicks ass!

Speaking of bright lites, here's my LED setup on my summer toy. I got probably more than $5K into those underwater Aft mounted LED's and they are sure bright as ship! Pictured here at our Ramada dock (Geneva) for a band on the patio nite this past July. I know most of you here are just into bikes but boy am I missing my boat (and jetskiis) already! ...I may have to go to Rehab!

photobucket-22591-1352559643936.jpg