Florida Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterides

Reaction score
This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)

That area has some decent roads
Snort! Must not be the Orlando I'm familiar with! :) Anyways, yeah, I'd love it. I live over by UCF and work down by the Int'l Airport. If people are into planes, there's a B-52 bomber by the airport. There's good tex-mex at Tijuana Flats, good Southern food at Cracker Barrel. There's a killer sub shop named Brianto's in Avalon Park south of UCF that makes 3ft steak'n'cheese to die for. I don't really know the "good roads" around here, but there's a loop around Disney that people like.

And yeah, fall/winter is a good idea, especially with a 1300cc space heater.

That area has some decent roads
Snort! Must not be the Orlando I'm familiar with! :) Anyways, yeah, I'd love it. I live over by UCF and work down by the Int'l Airport. If people are into planes, there's a B-52 bomber by the airport. There's good tex-mex at Tijuana Flats, good Southern food at Cracker Barrel. There's a killer sub shop named Brianto's in Avalon Park south of UCF that makes 3ft steak'n'cheese to die for. I don't really know the "good roads" around here, but there's a loop around Disney that people like.

And yeah, fall/winter is a good idea, especially with a 1300cc space heater.
You don't get out much huh! lol Ever been over by Christmas/Oveido, Enterprise, Howie in the Hills, Ocala, Astor etc...? Not N.C. or Tn. , but for here not a bad little ride!

Anyway, back to the subject, yeah, I'd be interested!

This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)

Count me in...guess i have to any way since it is coming from TateRides!!

I wish I could join you. This was a little gathering we had back in March at "Down the Hatch" . You might see some of these guys at your Fall ride.

DSCF0161.jpg

so...you guys gonna race each other around the cloverleaf on and off ramps? :lol:

j/k...

...I'm sure Florida is not all flat and straight. I'm sure there is a tree stump or two that they had to route the road around...

believe me...I know flat and straight...Illinois farm country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me, just moved to Daytona from SC.
WHY :huh: you left good roads to come to flat and boring FL. I made that kind of horrible mistake just over a year ago now, and am still suffering...
As one of my Pennsylvania friends put it, "Florida's so flat, you can stand on a dime and see both coasts" - and yes, she went back to Pennsylvania.