Florida to Nc and Tenn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterides

Reaction score
October 5 Jamesk and I are gonna hit the road. Plan is Friday up Sat and Sun around the Dragon and the surrounding area, and Monday come back down. Anyone interested? Have to see what a curve looks like. :dribble: Give a shout if anyone is interested. Should be fun.

This sounds like fun. I am in the Columbia SC area and you will probably ride within a few miles of my house on your way up. I ride that area frequently and know of many awesome routes you could take to the Dragon. If you would like some route ideas just drop me a line. There are a lot of great roads up there that many people do not know about. I will monitor this tread and as the time gets closer I may even be able to ride a day or two with you.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
An (ex)local's opinion:

Skip the dragon, head north to Shady Valley! Also don't miss 226 Little Switzerland, SR80, and old highway 23 between Asheville and Erwin. It runs parallel with I24, but was the old road before I24 was in the area. No one uses it now and it's got a good combination of high-speed sweepers and twisties...

I'll call you tomorrow, but as I told JamesK, I will be out of town that weekend. Going to be in North GA / NC / TN at the end of October.

-BD

The Dragon will be crowded on the weekend, its doable but always better on a week day, hwy 215 and 276 are great around the Waynesville, NC area. also hwy 9 and 74 leaving the Asheville area heading toward Lake Lure are also great rides. Give me a shout depending on where you stay I might be possibly up for a day trip.