Fog free helmet needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two Scorpion EXO 700s because the shields do work well preventing fogging. One for the track and one for the street. No extra treatment needed.

I've had bad results with Pinlock, fogging up b/w the pinlock shield and the visor (very hard to wipe then :) )

Have had great results with the FogCity

The anti-fog cream "Cat Crap" that Nov MCN reviewed can be found here:

EK Ekcessories

W. 5200 S., Logan

UT 84321

(435) 753-8448

outdoor.ekusa.com

So why wouldn't you just crack the shield open one notch? That's what I've always done. I flip open at every stop (so I don't get it fogged up to begin with) and then leave it open a crack to keep it clear underway.Your face won't get that cold...

My HJC helmet does have a nice first detent at a very small opening. The only downside is it can be just a tad noisy in that position.

The anti-fog cream "Cat Crap" that Nov MCN reviewed can be found here:EK Ekcessories

W. 5200 S., Logan

UT 84321

(435) 753-8448

outdoor.ekusa.com
Thanks, mang. I still can't find my issue and I wanted to give this crap a try.

Thanks for all the ideas. Cracking the faceshield does work, but it rains a lot here in Seattle and if you leave the shield cracked then water runs down the inside of the shield and really ruins your vision. Otherwise, I don't mind the cold on my face.

So it sounds like I need to get a Scorpoin helmet with after market shield and then smear crap on it to make sure I don't get any fogging. :blink: Did I get that right? :unsure:

The Cycle World show is coming next month, so I'll have to do some shopping there...

Thanks for all the ideas. Cracking the faceshield does work, but it rains a lot here in Seattle and if you leave the shield cracked then water runs down the inside of the shield and really ruins your vision. Otherwise, I don't mind the cold on my face.
So it sounds like I need to get a Scorpoin helmet with after market shield and then smear crap on it to make sure I don't get any fogging. :blink: Did I get that right? :unsure:

The Cycle World show is coming next month, so I'll have to do some shopping there...
You got it right. :clapping:

RainX makes wipes with the Rainx repellent AND fog free stuff. I use it on my windshield AND both sides of my Scorpion visor. I must admit that I didn't use ANYTHING on the Scorpion visor on the inside for two years. It stays fog free very well.... but I'm not in the PNW.

I tried Zooks and it didn't work. I got to much glare with the fog city inserts.

I have been using the pinlock system for the last year with good results.

RainX makes wipes with the Rainx repellent AND fog free stuff. I use it on my windshield AND both sides of my Scorpion visor. I must admit that I didn't use ANYTHING on the Scorpion visor on the inside for two years. It stays fog free very well.... but I'm not in the PNW.
I had read NOT to use RainX on any lexan face shields or windshields.

That this was supposed to be the better choice: Rainmagic

If you really want to be done with fogging in cold weather without cracking the shield open, try using the stuff snowmobilers use:

1) You can use an electronically heated face shield

2) Look at the Bombardier (Ski-Doo) BV2S helmet. It uses an adjustable soft rubber face mask so that 100% of your exhaled breath is exhaused outside the helmet. Works awesome.

I simply crack the face shield open a bit.
That's what I had been doing as well, but now that I have heated gear and am riding when it is even colder, I am also looking for a fogging solution. Letting in any more cold air than I really have to is not my idea of fun. Seems like my X-11 fogs even worse than some of my previous helmets, but I could just have selective memory.
Wow I was just going to post that my X-11 does not fog at all ever. But I am in Florida and always leave the chin vent open, I will have to test it with it closed and see if I fog at all.

Before the X-11 I used PJ's and it worked but needed to be applied after cleaning the inside of the shield.

Curse you Bob Hughs! :crazy:

Shoei with pinlock . I ride the whole winter in the UK and there is no way I am cracking the visor open even a tiny bit, The cold air just makes my eyes water .

The only thing I learnt about the pinlock is if your visor is treated for antimist then the pinlock reacts against it ,

You can also get them for Arai and HJC

Don't use RainX. I put it on my Shoei RF1000 and gets this weird blurry effect from the moisture collecting. It seems to just change the appearance of the fog.

Don't use RainX. I put it on my Shoei RF1000 and gets this weird blurry effect from the moisture collecting. It seems to just change the appearance of the fog.
And here I thought my eyesight was just failing. I hate it when I get that "gooey eye thing".

Well, I have about 10K on my RainX'd visor and no problems so far. Used it on my Harley shields made of scratch coat protected Lexan and no problems with those, either.

Ok, I'll do the PC thing and say DON'T USE RAINX. There, everyone happy? :D

Great timing for me on this thread as I was just looking for something to clear up the shield and glasses on my 30+ degree ride into work. Bought some of the Cat Crap today - REI carries it BTW - and it definitely helped. Well worth the 5 bucks.

Cat Crap works great! I use it on my ski goggles and my face shield. I just get it at the local ski shop or on the mountain. About $5

I use a Respro Foggy Breathguard that I bought at Rider's Wearhouse (the Areostich guys). I have a Shoei RF-1000 but it fits most all helmets and works great. I have a big problem with fogging up my faceshield and this product stopped it. I tested the product by putting it in my helmet then putting the helmet on. I then stuffed a pillow up under my chin so my breath could not escape and breathed really hard for awhile. I could not fog up my visor using the foggy. I have been riding with it for 6 months and it works great. I left it in all summer and had no problems with either. It directs all your breath down and out the bottom of the helmet. For 20 bucks you simply can not beat this product. Unlike the creams and sprays you never have to reapply anything. It does need to be broken and for the first few weeks taking off your helmet is a little weird. You have to slide it off by pushing up the face then pulling back. I just yank it off and the foggy has become a little softer and gives more so I don't even notice it.

Heres the link

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Respro...rd-p-17474.html

" target="_blank">

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Respro...rd-p-17474.html

Hope this helps.

John