Follow up to "electrical mystery" + free OMFG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Weygandt

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
IDK whether to laff or cry. My buddy, strictly a car guy, had kindly listened to me for the past couple months, and was curious. And a being decent, generous, sensible fellow, looked on YouTube and just typed in a simple question about FJR brake lights not working...

Fifteen minutes later my brake lights are fine and the temp gauge back to normal.

of course I still have to reinstall my aftermarket flashing brake lights, my running lights, and my charger pigtail...and the side panel they broke at the dealership. But other than that and the $320 I spent for seven weeks of storage in August and September, I've only missed about half the riding season and we've had our first frost, but other than all that...

Was the brake light switch recall not done on your bike? That was an early suggestion in the original thread.
Glad it is sorted out and I was sure it was a simple problem. (Sometimes the most frustrating sort.)

Latest posts