• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 2009 FJR AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanrider

Reaction score
FOR SALE: 2009 FJR AE

Must sell this well-farkled Feejer to fund a new project. In excellent condition and fitted with several thousand dollars worth of upgrades including:

-- Rifle windshield (+3" tall/+4" wide)

-- MC Cruise electronic cruise control

-- Helibars Tour Performance replacement triple clamp (moves bars up 0.5" and back up to 1.75")

-- Rick Mayer custom saddle (pillion saddle is stock but has been recovered to match the front)

-- Clearwater Krista LED driving lights (mounted below mirrors for night-time visibility)

-- Clearwater Glenda LED lights (mounted on front forks for daytime conspicuity)

-- Kisan headlight modulator

-- HyperLites LED flashing brake/running lights

-- Custom Tanji-style flatbed aux fuel tank (4.5 gallons; gravity-fed w/ fuel pump assist; quick-disconnects)

-- Motonation frame sliders

-- Yamaha bag liners

-- Michelin PR2 tires (~70% left)

-- All current recalls complete (ignition switch, grounding thingy etc.)

Never dropped, very clean. Pics on request.

~34,300 miles

$10,500 without auxiliary fuel tank

$11,300 with auxiliary fuel tank

More info: Alan at 530-722-0808 or [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Krista AND Glenda lights, this bike oughta' be visible from the Mir space station at night! :eek:

Sounds like an amazing deal though, lights, cruise, and Russell are pricey mods. Best of luck selling, but from personal experience even 1-2 pics would really pique the interest of shoppers.

Well, the bike performed brilliantly during the 2013 Iron Butt Rally - the FJR1300 was the stand-out machine of the rally.

I'm now back in Australia and am re-selling this 2009 AE.

The mileage has increased to 47000 after eleven 1000 mile days in a row plus a few thousand keeping fit.

All of the bits (pillion seat and grab rail too) are included except the pannier liners as I carried my gear back home in those.

I've added just a couple of things:

- the pelican-style case on top of the auxiliary tank

- two RAM mounts up front for GPS etc.

Otherwise the bike remains in excellent condition is currently resting up in Pennsylvania with my mate Steve.

Asking price is USD$8000

I can understand the 3 bikes bit.

My wife has a set of rules for me.

Rule number 1 is only one bike at a time.

Ooops. 4 weeks ago I had 4 bikes. All Yamahas. I had this bike in the US for the Iron Butt Rally. A matching white one in Australia to train on. My fully farkled Super Tenere and a little YZF-R15 (149cc!) that a rode for a 1000mile day and it went well enough I hopped on it again a few weeks later for a 1200 mile day.

I have the bike listed on ebay at a very low price, but no takers - crazy.

Looks like I'll be giving it to the brother of friend for free.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-cid="1105089" data-author="owsley"><p>Hello, is this still for sale?</p></blockquote><br />It's gone. It didn't sell on ebay and I enquired about it on the ADV forum. I was hoping for a fly and ride, but I was to late.<br />