Fork brace for Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does it improve on stability (or a waste of money)?

• Yes - improves stability

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - does not improve stability

• Well, it depends ... please explain

• Total voters

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
If yes, explain under what circumstances you a fork brace helped. On road grooves, transitions, cornering (twisties), reduced wobble, etc.

It makes the limits of adhesion more predictable...less waffly. And the improvement is going to be virtually identical on all years of FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I will tell you. I had a conversation with the guys at Traxxion Dynamics about putting a fork brace on my bike. They said it's a waist on an FJR because the design of the triple tree and the size of the forks/fork tubes. Not my opinion, this is from guys that only work on bike suspensions.

JW

Here's what I will tell you. I had a conversation with the guys at Traxxion Dynamics about putting a fork brace on my bike. They said it's a waist on an FJR because the design of the triple tree and the size of the forks/fork tubes. Not my opinion, this is from guys that only work on bike suspensions.
JW
Makes me wonder if they've ever tried it. I don't think the FJR forks are all that stiff, and a proper brace would act like Iggy suggests.

If you run near GVWR (2-up, heavily loaded) you will notice massive improvement in spirited cornering on less than perfect road surfaces. Now maybe if I had spent $2K on Traxxion suspension upgrades instead of $150 on a SuperBrace I might not perceive the same improvement? Works for me! :lol:

I wouldn't have bothered, but I was able to pick one up, with the seal protecting tabs, for $100.00. At that price it was worth it to find out. I will be putting it on after I have the forks reworked this winter.

As a heavier rider(265 now 320 when I first installed the brace), I can tell you it make a very noticable difference in the twisties.... I'm not sure if the effects would ba as noticable for a lighter rider.

JW
Were the Traxxion guys suggesting only replacement rear suspension?

I too find the FJR's forks quite fat and stiff, but I wonder too if they actually tried variety of (vendor) braces and really found no difference?

hmmm. will wait for folks here who have tried it.