Forks and Wilbers shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine got there Monday, I called yesterday to check when they would get to them and see if they had any questions......... I was told they were almost done and would ship that evening! :yahoo:

Update: Got a message from Dave and returned the call... shock, mount and forks are done. Wanted to know if I wanted to pick them up or have them shipped. I have Monday off.....might just go for a drive :)

They said the bushings were "mushy" and they replaced them, but I don't really know what that means. Not upset at all, but could someone explain what bushings "do" (I think I know :unsure: ) and why after @12000 miles they'd be mushy? I'm a BIG guy who sometimes rides spiritedly......would that do it?

And THANK YOU Warchild for setting this up........ :clapping:

What was wrong with the bushings was the Teflon was worn so badly on one side it was down to the copper core, which is riding on the inner tube, and will cause more wear internally. So we replaced them with new one's to prevent anymore problems.

What was wrong with the bushings was the Teflon was worn so badly on one side it was down to the copper core, which is riding on the inner tube, and will cause more wear internally. So we replaced them with new one's to prevent anymore problems.
Thanks Dave!

Is that normal/unusuaL? Is it something I should be concerned about in future -- I mean if I did it once will I do it again? Thanks for the reply, and aren't you supposed to take some time off work?

I got my call today from (I think) Ben from GP Suspensions, my forks were complete and will ship soon. I already have a Penske shock that I got from GP last summer. The bushings in my forks were bad enough that they had to be replaced as well as the dust seals. Hopefully the components that are installed are of higher quality than stock as my 07' FJR only has 6500~ miles on it.

Can't wait to try them out, while the front end was disassembled I changed out the front steering bearings with some tapered bearings from All Balls.

Just wish the weather would cooperate, where's all this global warming stuff at?