Frame slider ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddysbike

Reaction score
Still awaiting my '07 FJR and buying a few farkles. I'd really like the piece of mind with frame sliders and would like to know which ones to go with, whats needed and how they install. Do they just simply bolt onto the '06-'07?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely get sliders. Although I have the Motivation sliders, Skyway's appear to be very popular on this forum as well. Installation was a piece of cake. The motivation sliders require a 10mm hex socket (to remove the OEM bolt and replace with new ones), a torque wrench, and some loctite. Total install time was about 10 minutes including reading the directions. They just bolt directly to the frame.

Still awaiting my '07 FJR and buying a few farkles. I'd really like the piece of mind with frame sliders and would like to know which ones to go with, whats needed and how they install. Do they just simply bolt onto the '06-'07?
Thanks,

Steve
Go with either Skyways sliders in post #2, they are better than the Motovation sliders.

Installation is simple, remove the left hand side engine bolt and fit the slider, then do the same thing on the right hand side.

Torque bolts to 29 ~ 35FT/lb, no more.

Instructions are included in the slider kits.

Definitely get sliders. Although I have the Motivation sliders, Skyway's appear to be very popular on this forum as well. Installation was a piece of cake. The motivation sliders require a 10mm hex socket (to remove the OEM bolt and replace with new ones), a torque wrench, and some loctite. Total install time was about 10 minutes including reading the directions. They just bolt directly to the frame.
Do a search on the locktite issue. Some do, some don't, and make note of the different torque specs for different years.

Thanks,

Steve

I think Shyways look the best. Also a 10 minute job.

I watched D & H cycle install a pair in about 5 minutes.

Consider this a strong, strong encouragement to go with Delrin. This is a topic that has been well beaten to death on this forum so you might want to do some searches.

Thanks,

Steve
Motovation sliders were my choice. I left my phone number, they returned my call and I received the sliders in 2 days via Fedex.

Thanks,

Steve
Go with either Skyways sliders in post #2, they are better than the Motovation sliders.

Installation is simple, remove the left hand side engine bolt and fit the slider, then do the same thing on the right hand side.

+1 Skyways are the best !

I believe we had a case where someone's frame broke because the aluminum sliders transmitted all the force to the frame as opposed to the Delrin's that absorb the shock and "give" and don't?
That was me . . . thus my encouragement to go Delrin.

I may get jumped on for listing these but I bought these frame sliders off ebay from a shop in Germany $68 dollars shipped. we'll see what kind I build quality I end up with, hopefully as good as others mentioned here. Hopefully I'll never have to use them after my bike drop initiation.

Keone

I may get jumped on for listing these but I bought these frame sliders off ebay from a shop in Germany $68 dollars shipped. we'll see what kind I build quality I end up with, hopefully as good as others mentioned here. Hopefully I'll never have to use them after my bike drop initiation.
Keone
Keone,

Thanks for the post, could you post some pictures and advise on the quality of the product?

Thanks

Midas

I can vouch for Motovation sliders. I recently had a tip over, and I had no scratches on my fairing at all. I ended up replacing a mirror and stator cover and had a few small scratches on my bag.

When I called them to buy another set, they allowed me to just buy the one that was damaged. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I believe there is something to be said about the shock absorbtion and sliding capability of having the delrin type as produced by Skyway.

Plus why not support a fellow FJR rider and contributing forum member?

Plus he's got a bunch of other cool stuf available too!

I dropped my bike Saturday. Pulled into a gas station at 6:15 AM for a ride to Willow Springs race way. It was solid marine layer (fog) and stopped at the pump, put my foot down and slicker than owl sh**. The Skyway sliders saved the day. Only scratches to the left bag, the slider and my ego. A real son of a gun to pick up. As a side note, if the slider was a half inch longer I doubt there would hae been any damage but nevertheless they are the first farkle that you have to install. Something unrelated to this post is all the concern about vibration. The more miles I put on the FJR the smoother it gets. Ride it for a few thousand miles before you do any major mods. This bike just keeps getting better and better the more I ride. One heck of a bike.

Thanks,

Steve

How is that simpler than the Motovation installation? It is the same process. Also why are they 'better' than Motovation?