Frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What justifies the $35 price difference between the OES and Skyway sliders? Looks like the Skyways have a better bling factor but thats all I can see. Am I missing anything?

Dave

They don't install them, that's dealer speak for we don't stock them because we are clueless.

delrin ® sliders get the ones with the metal insert and I believe you torqe them down to 35psi. (check the paperwork that comes with them)

They don't install them, that's dealer speak for we don't stock them because we are clueless.
delrin ® sliders get the ones with the metal insert and I believe you torqe them down to 35psi. (check the paperwork that comes with them)
Both of them have metal inserts.

I painted my OES sliders silver, they look great! Instant improvement over the plain black ones you always see.

Fit and finish on the OES is very nice.

What justifies the $35 price difference between the OES and Skyway sliders? Looks like the Skyways have a better bling factor but thats all I can see. Am I missing anything?
Dave

I bough the Skyway sliders and I would do it again. Great first farkle.

I installed my OES sliders last week. Easy installation. I was careful to start the bolts by hand before moving to a wrench. Call me extra paranoid, but I would have cried if I cross threaded those guys.

Matt

A few months ago, I asked my dealer's service manager/parts guy about frame sliders . . . and I had to explain what I was talking about. This is a huge dealer in town and this guy's been there forever. Curious.

A few months ago, I asked my dealer's service manager/parts guy about frame sliders . . . and I had to explain what I was talking about. This is a huge dealer in town and this guy's been there forever. Curious.
That's why we search this, and other, FJR websites: Better and more complete information! That's the way it has been since the beginning:

.....in 2002, those on the FJR sites knew more about the PDP (Prepaid Delivery Program, the only way a future owner could order an FJR) than the dealers did.

....Regarding "The Tick" problem, Warchild and others were doing the research and metallurgy to prove the valve guide issue before Yamaha officially recognized the problem (with some '03s- '05s). THEN, after Yamaha was repairing the bikes, forum members were better informed than over 1/2 the dealerships.

The FJR represents a small slice of the total motorcycle market. I wouldn't expect my dealer to perceive my needs the way he might identify a sport bike rider's or a cruiser owner's desires.