Freeze-Out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a pair of the pants for Xmas this year. IMO-They are well worth it. In fact, the first time I suited up with them on I took too long t o get outside and started sweating. When the temps are in the 20s here in Atlanta in the morning, these are a very welcome addition. I say for the money you can't go wrong.

Thanks for replies! Yes I knew it was an old thread. Did a search and this was the only topic I found that specificly mentioned freeze-out gear. I am curious to sizing as there is no store close enough to me to try the stuff on.

THANKS

I have the freeze out for over the head and also the neck warmer. Both work well. On sizing, if these are anything like their Bilt line of gear, it will may run small.

No idea how it works, but do NOT buy any Bilt gear without trying it on first. Everything runs 1-3 sizes too small. I was gonna buy some of the Built winter gloves that look like the really nice Cortechs, but even the 3xl didn't fit my hands. I normally wear a Lg-Xl, depending on the cut.

They need to get a bigger Chinese guy to measure that stuff against.

I bought Under Armour Extreme 3.0. I have no heated gear, just grips. I was perfectly comfortable in the low 20's. Don't need as many layers with them. They also wick very well. They are pricey, though.

when it comes to cold weather I do not function very well. I finally had a chance to test the gear 2 weeks ago on a ride to the Nashville area. (Did not need it going to AK)

The coldest I believe the temps were ( passing through the smokies ) were about 28* or so. Not very cold for some, but COLD for me. The pants were unused as I rarely get

cold below the waist. The shirt was OK, but I think I had too many layers and perhaps they were worn too tight. I felt the cold and wasn't convinced the wicking ability was

there.

The fit... Tight as others have suggested.

I got a Large shirt and probably should have gotten an XL ( I wear a 44 Jacket)

I bought the glove liners and foot covers, for a last minute trip to Oregon.

Was not completely satisfied with either one, made me sweat if anything and

did not keep hands and feet from getting cold.

Plus I found out that this line of products all comes from Pakistan!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more,if I were you invest in heated apparel.

Want be buying or going into Cycle Gear for anything anymore.

I bought the glove liners and foot covers, for a last minute trip to Oregon.Was not completely satisfied with either one, made me sweat if anything and

did not keep hands and feet from getting cold.

Plus I found out that this line of products all comes from Pakistan!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more,if I were you invest in heated apparel.

Want be buying or going into Cycle Gear for anything anymore.
I am also disappointed in Cycle gear's direction with the Bilt line...

Sometimes you get what you pay for
fool.gif