FRJ A OR AE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamaha's regional SUPER GURU is blaming my electrical accessories for the failure (even though there is NO PROOF), and I am now paying the dealer $400+ dollars to get the bike stock electrically so I can take off all my stuff for a garage sale coming up and trade / sell the bike for another GL1800.Shane
Hmmm, what did you do to your bike that requires $400 to repair/return to stock?? Best safe bet if you are adding more than heated grips or a power socket is to run all your farkles off a separate fuse block. I'm thinkning you must've done some serious cutting into your wires.
Callin out the pink elephant?? I had those thoughts too

I had shipped my bike out to El Lay to meet up with some friends to go to CLASS in Willow Springs. After returning to Santa Barbara, I left it there to be shipped back home to Conroe. My "friends" decided to take it for a ride up 154 to Cold Springs, just for fun. One of the comments from my friend was that it didn't seem to matter if they shifted in a curve. And both these guys are very experienced desert racers and street riders. Probably write it off to the stability of the FJR in general as they both ride GS's as their daily rides.

On another note, shifting the FJR AE reminds me a lot of riding my friend's old RM125. On that bike, once past the first two feet of motion and the clutch engaged, I never used the clutch again. Same feeling with the AE.

On another note, shifting the FJR AE reminds me a lot of riding my friend's old RM125. On that bike, once past the first two feet of motion and the clutch engaged, I never used the clutch again. Same feeling with the AE.
Good analogy

I think the AE is awesome.. Perhaps not for everyone... But I have spent time getting in sync with my bike.... I love my bike.. I know it is not my last bike.. but for right now.... Purrrrfect

Yamaha's regional SUPER GURU is blaming my electrical accessories for the failure (even though there is NO PROOF), and I am now paying the dealer $400+ dollars to get the bike stock electrically so I can take off all my stuff for a garage sale coming up and trade / sell the bike for another GL1800.Shane
Hmmm, what did you do to your bike that requires $400 to repair/return to stock?? Best safe bet if you are adding more than heated grips or a power socket is to run all your farkles off a separate fuse block. I'm thinkning you must've done some serious cutting into your wires.
I had the following electrical accessories:

1) PIAA lights.

2) Air Horn

3) GPS

All above directly connected to battery.

4) and Smitty installed the Audiovox Cruise Control.

If that is going to kill the bike's electrical system, then MANY, MANY of the FJR members are going to start having severe problems.

Best Regards,

Shane

Yea? well Bullshit Okierider! I have been riding all my life and you can't tell me the auto clutch is better then a regular clutch, no way no how! If you can't use a clutch you should be riding a little scooter or maybe in your case a Hoveround! :dribble: Don't talk about my experience on bikes, you don't know me, I raced with Scott Parker, and Kenny Roberts, and last time I talked to them, they use clutches too. If clutchless is so hot of an item why doesn't Yamaha, or any other sport bike maker use them in their sportbike lineup, because no one would buy them! They are for entry level, old men, who got in over thier heads. :yahoo: Hows that for a Friday rant! And my buddies Dave Aldana and Gene Romero who I last saw in September wouldn't ride a clutchless bike either!
IDIOT, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

My dealer has a brand new 07 AE that I am sure he would love to move. He just replaced the ignition switch in it with the new model switch, so it's ready to go. PM me and I can hook u up if ur interested in this clutchleverless bitch.

Last night I dreamed I was sweeping the curves like a pro racer...hitting the gears and throttle perfectly. Then the next part of the dream a hottie was flirting with me.

Exploring wonderful & beautiful curves....why did I have to wake up?

Last edited by a moderator:
because you are 43 years old and dont sleep well anymore.... everyone needs a dream bro..... take a nap. or go for a ride... either one... curves