From FLAtlandistan to FredW,Mcatrophy,and Flagstaff.Thanks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinJax

Reaction score
Thanks to you guys, this non mechanical type wired a beeper/buzzer from radioshack to my FJR so that when I turn my turn signals on there is a very loud, obtrusive sound that can be heard over music and through a helmet. I wired it so that the ground wire is attached to a yellow wire found under the rear seat as in the pictures supplied to me by a nice gentleman on this board. When I hold the brake on, the sound stops so that I don't harsh out too many drivers sitting at traffic lights. However when I take off there is no mistaking that my turn signal is still on. Thank you guys heaps, Kevin

Buzzers, self-cancellers, and larger flashing lights all have their place for the individual riders out there. I have the general mindset that if I activate a turn signal then that action is incomplete until part II is accomplished...turning it off. Usually happens within just a few short seconds of each other.
happysmiley.gif
But to be forthright, I still neglect part II on a rare occasion. Sometimes other vehicles maneuver in unexpected ways or give that "spooky" vibe that they're going to do something squirrelly...that's when Part II gets forgotten for about a quarter mile or the until the next turn.

What was your motivator to go with the noise maker?

Thanks to you guys, this non mechanical type wired a beeper/buzzer from radioshack to my FJR so that when I turn my turn signals on there is a very loud, obtrusive sound that can be heard over music and through a helmet. I wired it so that the ground wire is attached to a yellow wire found under the rear seat as in the pictures supplied to me by a nice gentleman on this board. When I hold the brake on, the sound stops so that I don't harsh out too many drivers sitting at traffic lights. However when I take off there is no mistaking that my turn signal is still on. Thank you guys heaps, Kevin
Glad it does what you want, pleased to be of some help.

... I still neglect part II on a rare occasion. Sometimes other vehicles maneuver in unexpected ways or give that "spooky" vibe that they're going to do something squirrelly...that's when Part II gets forgotten for about a quarter mile or the until the next turn.
What was your motivator to go with the noise maker?
I think you just answered your own question
smile.png

What was your motivator go with a noise maker?

A noise maker is a buzzer that reminds a an old buzzard like me to to cancel the buzzer.

Simple isn't it?

I went with a noise maker because I had auxiliary lights on my last bike and still frequently failed to turn my blinkers off. Another good choice would be a buzzer /vibrator in the seat. I just thought the noise maker would be easier. Kevin

I went with a noise maker because I had auxiliary lights on my last bike and still frequently failed to turn my blinkers off. Another good choice would be a buzzer /vibrator in the seat. I just thought the noise maker would be easier. Kevin
vibrator in the seat ?? NOW you have NutBuster's attention !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks KevinJax. If there was a thread on it... I missed it, and was curious to as to why not the the other choices. (Hadn't thought of the vibrator thing)
uhoh.gif

Wow...that answer was "simple" (Fly Bye) and really did do a better job of answering my question than I did at answering it (mcatrophy).
tease.gif

Could somebody PLEASE translate this post and replies into English.

I copy and pasted into an online translator and crashed the Internet.

Could somebody PLEASE translate this post and replies into English.
I copy and pasted into an online translator and crashed the Internet.
Trouble is, RH, outside of Florida we have these Corner things, and we've learnt from bitter experience that it helps to let others know of our intentions.

In the olden days (when I was young), we would put out our arms to feel if the breeze would help us round. This had the useful side effect that it would tell others what we were planning. Even if (as was all too common for me) we failed to make it round the corner without falling off.

Unfortunately, in their wisdom, legislators*** at least in the UK decided that our means of maintaining speed, if we let go of it, needed to spring to "go as slowly as possible". So we could no longer feel the breeze with our right hand without slowing and falling over even before we tried to go round the Corner.

In their infinite wisdom, motorcycle manufacturers came, at least partially, to our rescue, by adding extra flashy lights on our machines that, although unable to do much about feeling the breeze, at least performed the secondary function of telling others our intention.

Now comes the tricky bit. This requires extreme concentration, so put down your bottle/can/glass and read carefully.

Some of us riders are actually HUMAN. (This may come as a surprise to you, having seen many of the photographs published here of forum members, but it's true.)

Being human, we can make mistakes (at least, this particular human can, so I suspect the same is true for others).

We can ACCIDENTALLY FORGET TO STOP TELLING OTHERS WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

Now, if we come across another corner, that we don't actually want to go round, but we are still telling others that we want to turn round a corner, and, in the unlikely event that they've seen us at all, they may make the assumption that we are going where we say we are rather than where we really want to.

Ok, take another gulp, this gets nasty.

They may move to the space where we are going
fool.gif
. I leave it to your imagination to visualise the resulting carnage.

Unfortunately, the only thing that the motorcycle manufacturer has done to remind us of what we are doing is to put little green lights on our dash-boards. Now we all know that, even here in the UK where the sun rarely shines, we ignore little green lights, thinking they are left-overs from the effects of last night's excesses. And, over the pond near you, where it seems the sun shines brightly all the time (except when you are neck-deep in snow or tornadoes), they are totally invisible.

Hence the OP's wish to find some sensible method of determining when these little green lights are on so that he can remember to turn them off when they are finished with, I would say a very laudable desire. So he's added an audible device to augment the little green flashy lights, but because of his previous night's excesses, he doesn't want to sit being deafened by it whilst waiting his turn to turn. (That's a little dance routine we corner negotiators sometimes do.) Therefore his request for some help in performing this complicated requirement for one way of silencing the noise maker he's gone to a lot of trouble to put on.

Hope that helps explain what we are talking about.

*** Note to the administrators: This is not a political statement, just one of fact, directly relevant to the FJR

Last edited by a moderator: