Front Fender Extension for 2014 FJR (not ES)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean about building a house. It takes all your time every day. A daunting job, for sure. Doing the work yourself?
Gary
Our plan was to hire nearly everything out this time. Instead I got bogged down moving upwards of 1000 yards of fill. Getting back into riding has been a great stress reliever. We have some beautiful places to ride here, like this

Westside Road!.. I used to ride that regularly on my '78 XS-11 back in the.. Also drove a sports car along it a few times. Last year I drove along it after picking up my new dog at the Vernon SPCA. Construction area in pouring rain. Nasty even in a cage.

Way more traffic now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Westside Road!.. I used to ride that regularly on my '78 XS-11 back in the.. Also drove a sports car along it a few times. Last year I drove along it after picking up my new dog at the Vernon SPCA. Construction area in pouring rain. Nasty even in a cage.Way more traffic now..
It's still quiet most of the time. Worst I've seen it was five minutes ago. Holiday traffic, people driving at 45kmh for some strange reason. Most of the locals drive it at about 80. At 6:30 AM in the summer you might see some people going faster.
smile.png
A couple weeks ago I saw a crotch rocket letting it all hang out down around Fintry. Not a good idea to be dragging the pegs that much on blind corners where I've seen all of: cows, horses, bears, deer, mountain goats, various large vehicles using their lane and a bunch of mine, pedestrians, cyclists, fallen trees... I'm sure I've forgotten a few. Although I've yet to see a turtle crossing the road, which is what took down a buddy on a Kawasaki 500 triple a long time ago in Ontario. He ended up in a swamp, whereas here you might discover a rough shortcut down to the lake.

Lotsa traffic here this weekend. Part of it is due to that Boonstock music festival in Penticton, so there's a disproportionate percentage of flatlanders, (Albertans) and other festival-attendees, along with the regular dose of holiday weekend warriors.

I don't like riding on holiday weekends: Too much traffic, and if you do happen to get an opening, and are tempted to go even a few over the posted limit, the Queen's Cowboys are usually out in force, and in an intolerant mood.

Might go for a cruise tomorrow, but will endeavor to avoid Penticton and environs.

And you forgot moose, elk and marmots!

Last edited by a moderator: