Frun Wif Engrish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
From the Fee page of the WFO6 website:

The WFO-6 Rally Fee is $140 per person, payable via PayPal or by Cashier's Check/Money Order. This fee is non-refundable.
Friends,

We have had a few requests for Rally Fee refunds for various reasons in the last few weeks. As much as we'd like to oblige these requests, it is simply not possible to do so. Keep in mind that we have already committed a goodly amount of the paid fees and resources as deposits on services, shirts, logistics, and so on. To try and unwind the detail for refunds is a huge PIA at this time (or any, really) for us to do so.

This is a non-profit event and as such, our budget scrapes the bone as is. We have no - zero, zilch, nada - wiggle room should additional, unforeseen expenses be incurred. This is all based on our budget forecast of the number of attendees rolled up from previous WFO's. Expecting refunds potentially puts the burden of contractual obligations of monetary shortages directly on the shoulders of the Staff's personal checkbooks - not a desirous result by any means. We (the Volunteer Event Staff) also have full time jobs and families with which we would like to spend some time with outside of planning, promoting and administering this event.

So, I ask you; if you've committed funds to join us at The FJR Event of the Year, then please do so. If you paid and can't make it, be secure in knowing that you still made it possible for others to enjoy the show to its fullest. That's good juju that will come back at you in other ways.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

-TWN

WFO-6 Rally Master

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so I'm clear on this then, you're handling the refunds directly then, outta your checkbook? I prefer cash should this be the case.

Just so I'm clear on this then, you're handling the refunds directly then, outta your checkbook? I prefer cash should this be the case.
More acurately somebody would have to try and extract the funds out of me. What was that saying? Slim...and none.

Also, us volunteer staff have a reasaonable expectation of enjoying this event just as much as everybody else...and when my head doesn't explode at the registration table.....I find WFO is way more enjoyable. ;)

What TWN doesn't affect 90%+ of the people going ....and possibly 100% of the people reading this. It does, however, let us feel a little more secure if we have to turn into ogres for the 10% or so that don't read this. ;)

Also, I'm working now on a registration list to display and confirm who has paid....as soon as Warchild shoots me a copy of the registraiton database. Hope to get that up by tomorrow.

In the next week I get to write a big check to the shirt provider and a MONDO check to the Marriott for meals.

[SIZE=36pt]6 weeks!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: [/SIZE]

Stand still, there's a jimmy kick coming your way. ;)

Just so I'm clear, there'll be no refunds and my checkbook won't be used to make up a deficit balance. Otherwise, you'll see another thread for TWNAid 2007 to help me buy a new cardboard box to live in.

PS Thanks fjrchik. I appreciate the promo you did there. ;)

If you'll ship them their t-shirts, I'll post pictures of the dinner they helped me get more of.

Just a suggestion. If folks know they can't make it with enough time to spare, simply sell your spot to another willing rider who may still be on the fence? :unsure:

WFO, no REFO, WTF!! :lol:

Just a suggestion. If folks know they can't make it with enough time to spare, simply sell your spot to another willing rider who may still be on the fence? :unsure:
WFO, no REFO, WTF!! :lol:
Ugh! No, please don't! I don't want to say we won't try and accomodate a few cases of transferability (heart attaks, have a life-threatening disease and surgery scheduled, or produce a newspaper article of bounce-checked down an Interstate in 14 car pile-up). Those people will absolutely need to make arrangments with the rallymaster, TwoWheelNut.

About the time I get somebody at the registration table say, "And I'm using Bob's registration from California, and Daryll's from Nova Scotia....except it's his other brother Daryll but we're then going to get Diana's shirt, but she's then going to to bring it back and trade with another pillion and I get a refund of $4.12 because of the exchange rate."......is the time my head will pop like a zit and would become cranky.

You signed up folks....please stick to your plan!

Stand still, there's a jimmy kick coming your way. ;) Just so I'm clear, there'll be no refunds and my checkbook won't be used to make up a deficit balance. Otherwise, you'll see another thread for TWNAid 2007 to help me buy a new cardboard box to live in.

PS Thanks fjrchik. I appreciate the promo you did there. ;)
I'm getting a new fridge and dishwasher next Wednesday, the fridge box is rented, but I have an opening the 21st through the 30th for the dishwasher box, should I pencil you in? Oh, I only take Paypal. ;)

I'm getting a new fridge and dishwasher next Wednesday, the fridge box is rented, but I have an opening the 21st through the 30th for the dishwasher box, should I pencil you in? Oh, I only take Paypal. ;)
Only if it's a Miele or a Bosch box. I don't do low rent KitchenAid or Whirlpool boxes. Oh, wait. PayPal only? Back to the dumpster for me. :p

This WFO staff sounds like a bunch of ass-holes. Who do I talk to about gettin my money back?
No need to talk to anyone. Check's in the mail, dickwad! :****:

Receive a collective jimmy kick from the staff ...
Nut,

Getting a little overzealous with the jimmy's now, aren't we? You gonna sit at the registration table and say "Here's your wrist badge, here's your shirt, don't forget your informational materials... oh and ... PIYOW! here's your honorary WFO jimmy kick...."

Or have you just become enamored with the sound of the words "jimmy kick"? :rolleyes: I think I need to buy you an adult beverage....

Receive a collective jimmy kick from the staff ...
Nut,

Getting a little overzealous with the jimmy's now, aren't we? You gonna sit at the registration table and say "Here's your wrist badge, here's your shirt, don't forget your informational materials... oh and ... PIYOW! here's your honorary WFO jimmy kick...."

Or have you just become enamored with the sound of the words "jimmy kick"? :rolleyes: I think I need to buy you an adult beverage....
Or give him a "jimmy kick"....... just for fun, of course. :D

OK, now you made me go and google "jimmy kick". More time wasted that should have been used for productive work. ;)

OK, now you made me go and google "jimmy kick". More time wasted that should have been used for productive work. ;)
Are you implying that learning the origin and definition of the phrase "jimmy kick" wasn't productive?? I beg to differ.

nutkick2.gif