Frustrated! Reflector install gone bad!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it will get worked out. Alex is the real deal with customer service.

I bought from him before, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. :clapping:

It looks like it will get worked out. Alex is the real deal with customer service.
I bought from him before, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. :clapping:
Couldn't agree more. Customer service like that is rare these days. My hat's off to Alex.

NOTE: For anyone following this, the decals peel right off. I had a blow dryer and worked my way from top to bottom peeling slowly (less than a minute a side) and they came off without any residue issues at all. Piece of cake!

USAFFJR,

Do your remember where you got those logo saddlebag reflector decals? I have some on my 2004 and just got a 2006 and want to put some on those bags too but can't find them.

Thanks

I screwed up my reflector install also. Over a month later I got a product called "Sticker On" from

cycle gear. I pealed the decals off, sprayed the surface and the decal lightly and reapplied them.

They turned out perfect. Just a tip for future decal installs.

For those needing a good squeegie, use a plastic card or body filler applicator with a piece of the soft female velcro folded over one edge. No sticky, no digging in, etc.

Also, to remove glue residue, use naptha (lighter fluid, camp stove fuel), as it does not harm plastics or paint, and does not evaporate too quickly so you can dissolve glue residue very well.

Last edited by a moderator: