• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FSale 2005 FJR 1300ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbiker

Reaction score
Selling my 2005 FJR to make room in the garage. I am the second owner. Purchased the bike with 1,200 miles on it from the original owner who could no longer ride motorcycles. The bike has a little over 32,000 miles on it today. In case you are not familiar: electric adjustable wind screen, anti-lock braking system, locking glove box, locking and waterproof saddlebags that remove for a more sporty look unless you are traveling, new tires front and rear last summer, taller V-Stream wind screen plus stock screen, dual trip-meter odometers, heli-riser bar risers, Corbin custom leather seat, Billy Mayer custom leather seat, GIVI mono-key top case (quick detachable like the saddlebags), custom Kathy's T's tank bag, new battery last summer.

The bike has always been garaged in our heated garage and made many trips across the country as my trusty ride. I hate to see her go.

The only real flaws (hence the lower price) are some scratches on the right side fairing and saddlebag from a tip-over at a gravelly stop sign last year. My wife has been riding it for the past two seasons and we spent a lot of time test riding bikes at Sturgis this year. She fell in love with a smaller, lighter bike that we think will fit her strength and comfort level better than the FJR. The bike has never been in an accident and I hold clear title.

Call to see in person or with any additional questions.

$5,900

Trying to get pics to show up in this ad, but until then here is a Shutterfly link: https://jasonsfjr.shu....com/pictures/8

605-321-3298

Last edited by a moderator:
Price change - keeping the top case for my next purchase. The rack will stay with the FJR since it is "bike" specific.

$5,500.

My link

Selling my 2005 FJR to make room in the garage. I am the second owner. Purchased the bike with 1,200 miles on it from the original owner who could no longer ride motorcycles. The bike has a little over 32,000 miles on it today. In case you are not familiar: electric adjustable wind screen, anti-lock braking system, locking glove box, locking and waterproof saddlebags that remove for a more sporty look unless you are traveling, new tires front and rear last summer, taller V-Stream wind screen plus stock screen, dual trip-meter odometers, heli-riser bar risers, Corbin custom leather seat, Billy Mayer custom leather seat, GIVI mono-key top case (quick detachable like the saddlebags), custom Kathy's T's tank bag, new battery last summer.

The bike has always been garaged in our heated garage and made many trips across the country as my trusty ride. I hate to see her go.

The only real flaws (hence the lower price) are some scratches on the right side fairing and saddlebag from a tip-over at a gravelly stop sign last year. My wife has been riding it for the past two seasons and we spent a lot of time test riding bikes at Sturgis this year. She fell in love with a smaller, lighter bike that we think will fit her strength and comfort level better than the FJR. The bike has never been in an accident and I hold clear title.

Call to see in person or with any additional questions.

$5,900

Trying to get pics to show up in this ad, but until then here is a Shutterfly link: https://jasonsfjr.shu....com/pictures/8

605-321-3298

Killing me...these threads are.

Exactly what I was looking for, for less money than I'd have paid. Ugh. As soon as I started looking all the deals vanished, and now here they are.

Gixxer - thanks for the bump.... I take it that you think $5,500 is fairly priced? I'm not trying to high gross anyone (especially on this forum) but I haven't had even a whisper of interest. Was beginning to wonder. Maybe bikes are still "soft" with the recession and the late August time of the year. Fortunately for me I have another garage where the #3 bike is going for the winter starting Labor Day weekend, so, if the Fjer doesn't sell I'll just put her on the tender and keep her warm until spring. A nice sunny day in April and a sleek blue rocket with a For Sale sign will catch someone's eye around here. :)

It'll just take time. People may have purchased in the spring, see what the end of the season brings. Skooter always says the seller will find a buyer, price will follow later. It's a nice looking bike!

Well, I'll be honest. We aren't supposed to trash people's prices on here publicly, but your bike is actually way overpriced. I'm thinking more along the lines of $500 would be a fair selling price. If you think that's fair then i'm certain we can come to an agreement. :D

Yes, look around, compare to other bikes and you'll see I'm certain that you've got it fairly priced. You'd likely have better luck selling it in the South as your riding season is coming to a close while our second riding season of the year is just beginning!

When I was looking I'd decided that an 05 was the one I wanted. I didn't want to have to deal with the trash talk from the Gen I crowd here and the best color ever was the 05. I wanted ABS and didn't want one with a ton of miles and I wanted one that fit in my budget. Soon as I decided I wanted one it seemed like the market dried up. Found a good deal on my AE locally and went for that. Boom, market flooded with decent priced 05's. Still, not many 05's out there with ABS like yours and at that price I'll bet it'll sell. Though again, due to geographic location, it may take some time.

I've always said that I need money to buy bikes in the fall and sell them in the spring. Seems like if you have the storage you could make some good money that way.

$500 sounds fair to me. The title transfer fee is only $5,000. And you'll need to come pick it up. Done deal.

:yahoo:

Well, I'll be honest. We aren't supposed to trash people's prices on here publicly, but your bike is actually way overpriced. I'm thinking more along the lines of $500 would be a fair selling price. If you think that's fair then i'm certain we can come to an agreement. :D

Yes, look around, compare to other bikes and you'll see I'm certain that you've got it fairly priced. You'd likely have better luck selling it in the South as your riding season is coming to a close while our second riding season of the year is just beginning!

When I was looking I'd decided that an 05 was the one I wanted. I didn't want to have to deal with the trash talk from the Gen I crowd here and the best color ever was the 05. I wanted ABS and didn't want one with a ton of miles and I wanted one that fit in my budget. Soon as I decided I wanted one it seemed like the market dried up. Found a good deal on my AE locally and went for that. Boom, market flooded with decent priced 05's. Still, not many 05's out there with ABS like yours and at that price I'll bet it'll sell. Though again, due to geographic location, it may take some time.

I've always said that I need money to buy bikes in the fall and sell them in the spring. Seems like if you have the storage you could make some good money that way.

Exactly what I have been looking for. Price is right, accessories are dead on. Alas, I need to get rid of my other toy first. If you know anyone that wants a 1969 Corvette Project, let me know :)

I sold my Warrior on cycle trader in december in Indiana and got my asking price.

As said, the buyer for your bike wil find you. Cycle trader is free for two weeks, if it doesnt sell in two weeks you can keep putting it back on there. It worked for me, good luck :rolleyes: