Fuel Tank Interchange

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kavman

Reaction score
I dropped my Bike today and ripped a hole in the fuel tank. that sucked! Does anybody know what years fuel tanks interchange? I don't care what color the tank is I planed on painting the bike anyway. By the way the reason I planed on painting it was when I bought it in 2010 the dealer promised that the 2012s would not be Blue the color I really wanted. Guess what color the 2012s are.

Interchangeable within generation, i.e. Gen-Is fit Gen-Is, Gen-IIs fit Gen-IIs. You need a 2006 or later.

But I gotta hear how the tank got punctured in a drop. Mine's been down in 2 lowsides and at least 4 parking lot/driveway drops, and never touched the tank, or even cam close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interchangeable within generation, i.e. Gen-Is fit Gen-Is, Gen-IIs fit Gen-IIs. You need a 2006 or later.

But I gotta hear how the tank got punctured in a drop. Mine's been down in 2 lowsides and at least 4 parking lot/driveway drops, and never touched the tank, or even cam close.

Signed,

Clumsy

He's from Michigan... Undoubtedly a bullet opened up the tank.

He just tipped over avoidin the gunfire as best he could..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad luck, make sure you keep the FJR away from cruisers!

Hard to tell from the picture, but have you considered having it repaired? Call around and see if a fuel tank repair shop can handle the job. Add paint work and you're back in business.

--G

come on bustanut I live in Grand Rapids Michigan 65th out of the top 100 cities to raise a family. No Bullets here. And how I did it my future Son in law had his cruiser in the garage next to mine and when I (yes I said I) bumped it while moving the truck if slid off the side stand and the tank nicely slid down the highway peg. Ok this is the point where everybody cringes.

https://s1058.photobu...2-59-26_533.jpg
Mistook the Rapids fer Battle Creep Kzoo area ..shoot me! :lol:

O man update! My shopping list just got longer. 1suzuki sv650 fairing :( My son called from traverse city and told me he caught some gravel and rode it into the ditch. He is fine yes he was wearing his helmet. We know ATGATT. I promptly called my daughter and told her to put her bike away for the next week.

If you're looking to go black, as in 2008/2009, I have 2 hardly used tanks with decals in great condition. PM me if you are interested. Corey

You could always try sweet talking (I hear he maybe a bit worn down from the last tank) dirttracker30 to repair your tank and make it a frankentank. He does awesome work. AuburnFJR will also vouch for his work. Then you will have a repaired tank and the ability to ride further... two for one!!