Fuseblock install party?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also curious how you brought the power cable to the battery, that is my last cable that I need to run and was going to tackle that tonight.
Reamer --When I installed my Blue Sea, I ran two # 10's along the right side of the bike, under the tank and followed an existing loom through the front frame hole and battery. I lifted the tank to see the path, but only had to remove the RH trim piece that covers the ABS unit. Pick your points along the way for zip ties and you end up with tidy routing.

--G

Hudson:
What did you do with the curly wire that goes from the Starcom to the GRMS radio? Did you deal with that? I ran it to the front of the bike, but it was short so I routed over the engine area. up above the injectors and the rest of the wiring. It is the only piece I am not happy with so far.

Also curious how you brought the power cable to the battery, that is my last cable that I need to run and was going to tackle that tonight.
Reamer, haven't tackled that yet. I have to decide where I want the GRMS radio to sit first. I got an engage tank bag and was thinking about keeping the radio there, and I will experiment with placement. I have one extra set of power connection sitting vacant under my n/line shelf, and I thought about mounting the GMRS on a Techmount stem mount and running a lead from the GRMS.

Battery power to the starcomm went a few inches from the fuseblock. The centech AP2 fuseblock has 3 unswitched outlets, which is where I tapped into one. I ran the power cable a scant 8 inches to the fuseblock.

Thanks guys. Ran the power this evening and it went just find.

I am considering mounting the belt clip of my Motorola GMRS radio under the tech mount that my GPS is mounted to, using two of the bolts that are already in place. I can then just snap the radio in when I want to use it. I have considered mounting the radio on the aft end somewhere, but I really prefer having it up front. However, that is a fairly strange cable that comes with the Starcom.

As an add-on, I do bungie a spare hand-held GPS to one of the side case handles. I use this with tracking ON so that I can download the "track" from every trip I take and then add it to my collection in a mapsource file. Works beautifully.

Sounds like a few of us will have good radio contact for CFR...

Don't mean to hijack but I installed the AP-2 in the glove box so I can store a portable compressor under the front seat and still have the area under the rear seat open for future use.

I used the FJRandy harness for the Stebel Magnum Blasters and if going this route one can now tap into a "switched" source at one of the stock wires that went to the stock horn on the left side. Use a tester to see which one to use (hot) by turning on the key and check the wire end with a tester. I just attached a male spade to the switch wire same size as the horn female connection.

This way you don't have to cut into the bikes wiring for switched power. Usually done at the tail light or at one of the signal lights up front. Hoped this helped. PM. <>< :D

Good Morning,

Weather and other circumstances permitting, I'd like to come up and join you folks. I just installed an autocom with a BT dongle, Jensen HD910 stereo and have a Valentine One going on this weekend.

I used the power for the storage compartment solenoid to fire the main relay, which powers a barrier strip that feeds the stereo, active antenna, autocom, and controls a second relay off the battery to power the heated vest.

It's a little more spaghetti than I'd like, but it works OK.

The Jensen stereo is awesome....

Cameron

Good Morning,
Weather and other circumstances permitting, I'd like to come up and join you folks. I just installed an autocom with a BT dongle, Jensen HD910 stereo and have a Valentine One going on this weekend.

I used the power for the storage compartment solenoid to fire the main relay, which powers a barrier strip that feeds the stereo, active antenna, autocom, and controls a second relay off the battery to power the heated vest.

It's a little more spaghetti than I'd like, but it works OK.

The Jensen stereo is awesome....

Cameron
Please use this link to the thread for sign ups. PNW Tech Meet

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.