FZ 1 mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimstan

Reaction score
Dropped my FJR and need a new mirror. I found a set of OEM FZ 1 mirrors for $50 each, fair price or should I keep looking?

ThanksJimstan

In a word, YES. It's a fair price. They retail from mammaha at $100/each. $40.40 is also a great price if they are true Yamaha OEM mirros, at this point you're in the noise level. The OEM mirrors fold back, the aftermarket ones break. Just FYI, beware of the cheap mirrors.

Good luck. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just completed this mod. on my 06 ... and what a difference. Why Yamaha doesn't make this change I'll never know. I went thru all the pages here on the 'how to do's' and places to order from. I went with Zanotti's and had my FZ 1 mirrors shipped to the door for $92.69 .. these are OEM I would imagine as they came in a Yamaha box .. although they were built in Thailand.

The biggest problem in mounting the mirrors is getting the panels off .. but follow the steps in the other pages and you'll be fine. My only regret on this whole project is that I did not do it sooner.

Al Maurine

Tucson, AZ

I'll put myself out there as one that doesn't like the FZ1 mirror change out. I tried a set of the aftermarket mirrors (since I wasn't sure I really wanted them) and found that I didn't like them sticking out that far. At the time I was living in CA and rode most of the time without the sidecases on. The mirrors sticking out that far was just one more thing I had to worry about when I was lanesharing.

Aside from how far they stuck out I found that I really didn't need them to be out that far anyhow. I'm not sure how wide some of these guys are that use the FZ1 mirrors but the stock mirrors are just fine for me. There is a portion of the mirror that is taken up by my shoulder a bit but that is where I put a small set of convex mirrors.

I'm not arguing that no one should do that mod but I wanted to put out an opposing view for others to consider.

By the way, if you do decide to get the FZ1 mirrors, I would definitely suggest finding a set of OEM mirrors. I was not excited about the quality of the aftermarket mirrors when I compared them to my dad's stock FZ1 mirrors (my dad rode a 2004 FZ1 until he died of cancer at 60, great memories, ride on). I've heard that you can often get a good deal from people on the FZ1 forums who are looking to get a set of stock FJR mirrors for their bikes (now that would probably be too narrow). But, as I remember, the cheap aftermarket ones do fold back like the stockers but I would bet that they wouldn't last long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered mine today. Pair (with shipping) was under $90.

Figured for under a hundred bucks - it's worth trying out. Worst case I can use 'em to shave in the shower! :lol: