FZ1 mirrors - a few questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calimus - Try here FZ1 Mirror Comparison, Gen1.
Then here My FZ1 mirrors, Gen1.

I got mine here MRCYCLES. About $100 shipped for the pair.

Good luck.
I am still confused about which to buy for my 08. The price for the 08 FZ1 mirrors are almost $80 each, the 05's are half that. Will the Gen1 fit my 08 without mods, or am I better off paying the extra money for the 08 (and a better fit). Does anyone know the difference between the mirrors for each year? Thanks for the help.

The Gen I FZ1 mirrors are the ones you want. They would run you $34.58ea plus $10 for shipping. The part #s are as follows

5LV-26290-00-00

5LV-26280-00-00

This is what I paid last Christmas and these fit my 07. I don't know about the pricing as I understand they changed ownership.

The Gen I FZ1 mirrors are the ones you want. They would run you $34.58ea plus $10 for shipping. The part #s are as follows
5LV-26290-00-00

5LV-26280-00-00

This is what I paid last Christmas and these fit my 07. I don't know about the pricing as I understand they changed ownership.
Where did you buy yours?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.... If you've seen it you get it, if not (go rent it, it's hilarious), others that have seen it will get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.... If you've seen it you get it, if not (go rent it, it's hilarious), others that have seen it will get it.
I've seen it - not a huge Python fan, but it is a classic. Don't remember that part.

I get stuff like this all the time - Zut, being a curse-word in French; Zoot, the stoner sax player from the Muppets - I'm sure there's more. It's actually a nickname I got from a town in Belgium, Zutendaahl. It was shortened to "Zute" when I got around fellow bikers because it was easier to pronounce ;)

Lancelot.....can't I have just a little bit of Peril???

My bike had a set of the extended mirrors...I am guessing the cheap ones. One night last week I hack-sawed the bolt off and replaced it with a bolt that I can tighten....they tend to move at high speed.

Last edited by a moderator: