Fz1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added my FZ1 mirrors - they are great! Who knew there was all that stuff behind my elbows? They're rock solid at any speed up to 125 - anything after that, I don't care what's behind me. Mine too have that little gap. Remember - it's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)

Heres a photo from riders side:

rear1.jpg

I purchased from Gary at University Motors. Like everyone else has said. Good guy to deal with. Also mirrors are easy to install, very steady at speed.

The best part is I don't have to tuck in my elbows anymore to see where I've been.

FJReady

I've got to admit that installing the FZ1 mirrors was worth the effort. Pulling the dash panels was, however, anything but a walk in the park. Particularly so for the left side. I've got to second the motion I've heard many times that the person who designed these panels and their attachments should be shot. Three different types of connectors....give me a break. I got to believe that someone is capable of coming up with a far more reasonable design. I'm sure the more often you remove these pieces, the easier the task becomes. But the present set-up makes you appreciate some of the benefits of a naked bike.

Put the FZ1 mirrors on the other day. Emglo brand. I cannot believe the difference! Just a wee blind spot passing the cages. Much safer. Stable at speed, aand the joint seems tight enough that it will hold the adjustment.` :yahoo: