G2 for 2009?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShowMeMo

Reaction score
Looking for a little something to add and reading about the G2 Throttle tubes upgrades...

Anyone done this on an 09A with heated grips?

Seemed to mostly read about this on older models... didn't know if Yammie fixed this in 08-09... don't really have a major complaint... just needing to DO something in the farkle dept.

:D

Your '09 has a normal throttle pulley and operates linearly unlike the '06 with the non-concentric pulley. You can still add a G2 throttle tube to your '09, it will cause the throttle response to be non-linear but exactly opposite of the '06. Up to ~3k rpm you would have to give more rotation to the throttle to get the same throttle response as with the stock setup. It would in effect reduce throttle response.

I just don't know why someone would want to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your '09 has a normal throttle pulley and operates linearly unlike the '06 with the non-concentric pulley. You can still add a G2 throttle tube to your '09, it will cause the throttle response to be non-linear but exactly opposite of the '06. Up to ~3k rpm you would have to give more rotation to the throttle to get the same throttle response as with the stock setup. It would in effect reduce throttle response.

I just don't know why someone would want to do that.
Agreed! Good info, thanks.

Alan,
Does the same hold true for the '08 as the '09, having the new cam? I was thinking of getting a G2 for my '08.
Yes. '06 is the year that needs correction by using the G-2 throttle tube. The others have a round throttle tube pulley acting against a round pulley on the injectors.

Thanks, Mike! So, basically, no need to go aftermarket with a G2 for the '07 and up to smooth out the jerkiness? Mine isn't excessive and with a little attention being paid to it, it's usually not much of an issue. My '06 was a little jerkier, but again, if you were conscious about your throttle control, it really wasn't too bad at all.

Is there any difference in smoothness/feel from a G2 compared to the newer stock tubes/cams?

It was only '06 and '07 that had the non-concentric throttle pulley on the throttlebodies. The TB pulley couldn't practically be changed so the fix was applied at the throttle tube cam. The profile of the throttle tube cam was exactly inverted from the TB cam so the two profiles canceled each other out resulting in a circular motion. These two years are the only ones that would reverted back to a stock throttle profile with a G2 throttle tube and throttle cable cam.

Anyone have a good linky for a site that sells the G2 for a good price? I just did the return spring mod on my '07 on friday and that didnt solve the throttle problem.

Thanks in advance