G2 Throttle Tube and Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFJR

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I did a search but could not find my answers that I was looking for. Background: The dealer installed my factory heated grips today onto my 2007 FJR1300A and I had him install the G2 throttle tube at the same time. :yahoo:

Question 1- Those who have factory heated grips and have installed the G2 throttle tube (The G2 AE model) since it is longer and is the one to use with the factory heated grips..Does the G2 throttle go all the way to the end of the bar when installed. The reason I ask is that I went to install the Throttlemeister today and the end of the G2 throttle tube is approximately a little over 1/2 from the end of the grip. Is this correct??? :unsure:

Question 2- If the 1/2 inch space from the end of the grip is correct then will I damage the factory heated grips if I roll the grips back per the Throttlemeister instructions (not sure they will even roll back) to install the throttlemeister friction sleeve onto the G2 throttle tube???

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dean

Update: Picture Added...

IMG_1683.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture would probably help alot here. You can use the 3 together, I know that. I've got heated grips on a G2 and a throttlemeister. I don't recall the G2 ending 1/2 inch from the end of the bar tho. Mine ends right at the end of my grips wich end at the end of my bar.

A picture would probably help alot here. You can use the 3 together, I know that. I've got heated grips on a G2 and a throttlemeister. I don't recall the G2 ending 1/2 inch from the end of the bar tho. Mine ends right at the end of my grips wich end at the end of my bar.

Picture added - Hopefully someone will let me know if this is normal or not before I talk to the technician at the dealer that installed it.

Not trying to be a dick here, but I can't tell anything from the picture... except that the tank is nicely in focus while the throttle/grips are not. How about trying again? :blink:

Don

The G2 should go to the end of the grip. It looks like you got the wrong one.

The throttlemeister friction sleeve just pushed right in. It is not a hard install. You really don't need to roll the grips back.

Well I had an interesting conversation with the Yamaha dealer mechanic today and found out the he altered (cut) my new G2 throttle tube. :angry: I guess the mechanic thought the throttle tube was too long because it was longer than the stock one. The delrin inserts should have been his first clue not to cut the tube. I ordered the AE version to be utilized with the factory heated grips that the technician was installing at the same time. Needless to say my confidence in the technicians at this business is gone. The dealer is ordering another G2 throttle at their cost and will be installing it upon its arrival. I will definately have to search for another local Yamaha dealer to do business with.

Well, I guess that solves the mystery! Sorry you had this setback in the installation. What a dufus! Did he give any plausible reason for his decision to cut it?

The good news is that G2 ships pretty darn fast... hope you're up and running soon.

Don

The G2 should go to the end of the grip. It looks like you got the wrong one.
The throttlemeister friction sleeve just pushed right in. It is not a hard install. You really don't need to roll the grips back.

What he said, two different part numbers.

What dealer? ( I don't want to go there on accident )

What dealer? ( I don't want to go there on accident )

Unfortunately, there is only one Yamaha dealer in Elizabethtown, KY - called Fun For All Motorsports, Lori the owner, is very nice and has always gave me good deals on the last two bikes that I purchased. :clapping: I think the problem is that it is hard for her to find good qualified help..

The G2 is a great add on for the 07 and will work with heated grips. The grips are very stiff and will not roll back so you will have to gently open up the gap between the tube and grip and carefully work the friction disk in. Works great and was a wrist saver on a recent Iron Butt run.

The G2 is a great add on for the 07 and will work with heated grips. The grips are very stiff and will not roll back so you will have to gently open up the gap between the tube and grip and carefully work the friction disk in. Works great and was a wrist saver on a recent Iron Butt run.
If you give Sam @ G2 a call and tell him your story he will help get you fixed up! (815-718-5860)

If you give Sam @ G2 a call and tell him your story he will help get you fixed up! (815-718-5860)
They are great at G2. Very nice and helpful. Guarantee their stuff too.

The Throttle tube should stick out just a 1/16 or a little less past the handle bar unless you use the delrin end piece. Otherwise the throttlemeister will have nothing to contact. If the dealer does not install it this way all you have to do is loosen the throttle assembly and slide it on the bar to where you want it.

Enjoy that nice Cheri

Ride safe