G2 Throttle Tube and ThrottleMeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frisson

Reaction score
I just put on the the G2 tube and the throttle meister will not go back on.

What am I doing wrong or are these not meant to work together?

I have both and no problems installing the throttlemeister with the G2. So I can only answer your question as to whether they work together. Mine is also an AE with the factory heated grips and that works too.

Sorry I can't answer the part about what is wrong but they will work. What part of the TM is not fitting?

The G2 throttle tube is about an 1/2 inch longer. Is this correct? That is why my TM will not work.

I think I maybe got a wrong version or a long version.

The G2 throttle tube is about an 1/2 inch longer. Is this correct? That is why my TM will not work.
Sounds like you got the wrong version. Use a hack saw or better yet, a tubing cutter from the plumbing section of your local hardware store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you got the wrong version. Use a hack saw or better yet, a tubing cutter from the plumbing section of your local hardware store.
Or call G2 and see if you can exchange it...based on past experiences, they are very accommodating.

I spoke with the shop.

They sent me the G2 tube for the AE....

I can either cut the one I have or return for the correct one.

Thanks for everyones help.