Galfer HH Pads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
And how do you like 'em? Any caveats? Stock rotors warping or anything odd?

You ask about oranges and I’m replying with apples… I’m running EBC HH Sintered pads. Initially they were a bit grabby but either they have bedded in or I’ve gotten used to it. They allow very controllable one finger stopping, I haven’t been able to over heat or overwhelm them on long sport oriented rides or when fully loaded on steep mountain roads. I’m pleased to see that these pads aren’t eating my rotors like they did on my brand H V-4. The also seem produce 99% less brake dust than the stock pads. Or, maybe it is just all the rain riding has kept the dust washed off :blink: Oh ya, they perform superb in heavy rain. I'm not sure what more you could ask for in street riding. I'll let you know how durable they are in about 50k miles :lol:

I would consider the EBC's, but with Galfer being considered so state-o-the art, they were at the top of the list. Whatever you do, don't go with the EBC Kevlar pads. Super dirty, poor stopping power, spongy feel. Thought they might have better cold performance, is not the case. Thanks for responding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used the Galfer HH's for about 60,000 miles, including a couple track days. No problems. Rotors still looked great after 84,000 miles.

Tom

Galfer HH works pretty good on stock rotors after 10,000, plus noticed that the rotors are starting to wear down more, so I may consider getting the matching rotors and BBS lines next.

Hijack - same subject different vehicle!

I have a 96 Dodge Caravan, yeah, I know - but it's paid for.

The brakes absolutely SUCK! I bled them on Sunday and that helped - maginally. Would sintered pads be appropriate to try and get some more stopping power from this large pile of (paid for) vehicular crap?

Jim

Hijack hijack-Has anyone tried the Carbonne Lorraine pads on the FJR. I've got them on the shelf for my ZZR when the braided lines arrive but have not heard anything about them on the FJR.

Side note, the stock brakes on the FJR are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the stock brakes on the ZZR. I checked the pad wear and both bikes have plenty of life left on the stock pads but I'm tossing the ZZR pads anyway now that the FJR has taught me what real braking feels like.