Garage Door Opener

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My remote has been under the compartment lid since the 2005. Gen-I was a PITA having to neutral before opening. I got really good at getting just the right speed to make it all the way down the street in neutral with enough speed to open the garage door and coast inside.

So now, even with the neutral requirement gone on the Gen-II, I still shift to neutral halfway down the street, flip open the compartment cover and press the opener button. The whole Bat Cave thing is just too cool!

I've even practiced pressing the button again just as I roll inside, so that the garage door is almost closed by the time I dismount the bike.

:)

I prefer thick, double-stick foam rubber tape to velcro. Seems to give me better adhesion for the irregular shape of the cover lid and remote.

There is a zippered pocket on the inside of my Firstgear mesh jacket. I just put the remote in there with the button facing out, and just tap it when I am rolling up to the garage sort of like a vulcan salute :D

I opened up my opener and found the two contacts and soldered two real small wires to them then hid the opener under cowling. I attached the two wires to a momentary switch which is mounted out of site just touch button open - shut.

This is exactly what I did and it works great!!!

There is a zippered pocket on the inside of my Firstgear mesh jacket. I just put the remote in there with the button facing out, and just tap it when I am rolling up to the garage sort of like a vulcan salute :D
So did I. As soon as I'm within range I put the bike in third gear and start tapping on my pocket.

Or do a phase shift through the door or a sub-space jump into the garage and you won't need a door opener. Ok, I know. I'm just bored at work and have watched to much Star Trek.

Last edited by a moderator:
wiz1974,
One possible solution is to velcro your garage door opener on the underside of the hatch to the lockable storage compartment. It would not be quickly available, since you must place the FJR in neutral to open the compartment, but it would be hidden and locked away. If your opener is too large, there are miniatures available for Stanley, and perhaps other brands as well. I have a Stanley that measures about 1 1/2" X 2 1/8" and is about 1/2" thick.

Bob

Genie came with this little bugger. Perfect for velcroing as you described. It belongs on a key chain. I dont know about the A models but the AE allows you to open the compartment in gear.

gdopener.jpg

I opened up my opener and found the two contacts and soldered two real small wires to them then hid the opener under cowling. I attached the two wires to a momentary switch which is mounted out of site just touch button open - shut.
Me three.

I found a really secure way to mount my garage-door opener. Whats really cool is no matter how hard someone tries to find the location on my FJR, they can't!!

db087cb5b1bfb1d0ad24a6c64f1b7b7a0_large.jpg

I had a little oriental girl used to open my Garage door that I'd mount on occasion, hid her in a broom closet in the shop. Then the wife found out about her.

Man was it ugly here for a spell :blink:

:jester:

I had a little oriental girl used to open my Garage door that I'd mount on occasion, hid her in a broom closet in the shop. Then the wife found out about her.

That's for sure . . . . . just imagine if you will, a little oriental girl resting her "cute" little head UNDER the garage door and him writhing on the floor with

a set of chop sticks strategically placed . . . . hence "Bustanut"

That's for sure . . . . . just imagine if you will, a little oriental girl resting her "cute" little head UNDER the garage door and him writhing on the floor with

a set of chop sticks strategically placed . . . . hence "Bustanut"
TMI -TMI !!!

This is one of those times that the imagination is worse than a photo could be!

Hey don't encourage the ol' broad... Woman, hit the pit !yer fun today is at an end.

:jester:

Latest posts