Garmin 2730 RAM Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
Just spent 1/2 hour on the RAM mount site and still have no clue as to how to install my 2730. I have one of these guys Cradle but don't have a clue as to how to mount it to the bike. Remember, the AE has no left had clutch resevoir to mount it to nor much open bar space for a bar clamp.

Any suggestions or experience?

Where do you want to mount it. The basics are, you need a RAM ball mount, extension stem and another ball for the back of the cradle. Usual choices are the steering stem, tank bolts for the RamBone, left mirror mount (there is a threaded hole not sure about AE), or use a master cylinder mount on the clutch or brake side. Once you know where, parts is easy. If we mount to the right brake cylinder bolts, then

Clutch / brake mounts

Plate mount for fairing mounting

Diamond plate for back of cradle

Extension Arms

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill & Tap a hole in the left handle bar just above the handle grip and use a threaded ball mount it works well.

I've been toying with removing those useless triggers and continuing to use my foot to shift and mount my stuff there.