Garmin 2730 screen fogging

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahlr

Reaction score
Is anyone (except me ) experiencing the screen fogging on the 2730? I just had my unit replaced with a new one from Garmin, but wondering if they will stand behind it when the warranty is up...

Is anyone (except me ) experiencing the screen fogging on the 2730? I just had my unit replaced with a new one from Garmin, but wondering if they will stand behind it when the warranty is up...
I think they may offer you an exchange unit for around $200 when the warranty is over. There is suppose to be a heater internally that defog the screen, but you have to give it some time.

If you slide the back down as if mounting the unit at an extreme angle you should find 3 tiny holes ,then put in sun or by radiator it allows the vapour to go.

Mine fogs after using it in the car where I have to use it at the extreme angle , then when I put it on the bike the holes are covered and 'voila' condensation

:dribble:

Mine fogs up in the rain and cold, but after a while it unfogged....

It's been in the rain more than dry... and it still works! <G>

I just found the four air holes... didnt' even realize that the back was adjustable... whoo hoo!

OK, what's good to clean off the fingerprints?

Mary