Garmin Zumo 550 power screws

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300AE

Reaction score
Hello,

Just adding this info for whoever has the same problem I do. My dealership lost one of my Zumo 550 power cable screws. I just spoke with Garmin and they do not sell those screws, consequently I'm on my own on this one. Well, I found out the following:

The screw type for the two little screws that secure the motorcycle power cable (Part Number: 010-10861-00) to the zūmo® Motorcycle Mount (Part Number: 010-10859-00) on the Zumo 550 motorcycle GPS is M2x0.4X3.5mm. Just in case there is a FJR owner looking for the same part. Now, where may I find this screws? I don't know. They do have them online but I'm not willing to pay $30 plus shipping for them.

Best Regards.

bring what you have to your nearest full service (radio control model) hobby shop

I looked around at screws for radio equipment, servos, etc and there's stuff that will work, (even if not exact replacement) but I'm willing to bet there is such available cheap

they are experts in micro sized hardware and screws that they can order up in lil packages for best prices

you can get a pack of 100 of them from McMaster-Carr for about $3 plus shipping (usually about $3 - $4 depending on where you are) Use their GROUND shipping, not overnight or anything like that. 99% of the stuff I order arrives the next day via ground shipping.

www.mcmaster.com

Type "92000A011" into the search box at the top left of the homepage

www.smallparts.com is also good, but more pricey.

I had the same problem and obsessed about it for awhile. I'm a member of a Zumo forum and most thought I was worrying for nothing. Many have been riding for thousands of miles with one screw and no problem. You may also want to replace the security screw with a thumb screw and use that one to hold the cable on. I'm pretty sure its the same screw...I think ;)

I have no screws in my power cable and have had no problem for ~5000 miles.