Garmin Zumo 590lm Europe - great price...but?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birkdale10

Reaction score
There is a company in Italy called Motostorm, with some great prices on various accessories.

They have a Garmin Zumo 590lm with Europe maps for US$576.79. Delivered in the USA.

But...Europe maps, and lifetime updates. The question is: can the maps, and the lifetime maps download option, be converted to US maps with lifetime updates?

I bought a 590LM late last year for £400 which seems to be the average price in the UK ($577 is £408).

The North American map add-on is a £65 download, I expect it would have lifetime support though it doesn't specifically say.

It does say that Lane Assist and Junction View is not supported (it is with the pre-loaded maps).

Hope that helps.

Joe, thanks for the link. I had ordered the GPS from Motostorm on Mar 6, it was promised in a week. I wrote twice to ask about it, and was promised twice it was 'almost ready to ship'. Today, I wrote and asked if I could cancel the order. It took about 45 minutes to get an answer ("Yes") and to find that the refund was already back in PayPal.

It's a great price, but I did look into the maps, and getting the US version put on the European model 590LM would have been problematical.

Joe, thanks for the link. I had ordered the GPS from Motostorm on Mar 6, it was promised in a week. I wrote twice to ask about it, and was promised twice it was 'almost ready to ship'. Today, I wrote and asked if I could cancel the order. It took about 45 minutes to get an answer ("Yes") and to find that the refund was already back in PayPal.
It's a great price, but I did look into the maps, and getting the US version put on the European model 590LM would have been problematical.
That's too bad...sorry that you had a bad experience with Motostorm, at least they refunded your money promptly...and maybe it was for the best, since getting the US maps would have been a problem. I on the other hand had a very positive experience with Motorstorm, and would use them again in the future.