Garmin Zumo665 Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Just ordered a Zumo 665. I have heard the mount is not as solid as the ones for my Zumo 550's. Besides the expensive Touratech, what do you all use to reduce the chance of loss?

Thanks

My 660 is mounted in a Kradellock with a Garmin ball base and short double socket arm on top of a WynPro Rambone.

Instead of using the thumb screw on Garmin socket arm I used the Kradellock locking disc. Purchase both Kradellock items together and the keys will match.

Edit: I used the original mount with the Kradellock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the one that came with it for years with no problems at all. In fact, I bought a second one, so I can switch the GPS between bikes.

I use the mount my 660 came with and never a problem. My brother uses the same on his GS and has never had a problem either. Now that I think about it, I mounted a second OEM cradle to my KLR without ever losing the GPS.

I guess YMMV, but my bet is you don't need to go crazy.

The supplied mount will work fine. You can easily unclip it and put it in your coat pocket when not on the bike. Least ways that's what I do.

Dave

By the way GPScity is having a sale right now on the Garmin 665LM.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea....What these guys said. I have the same cradle on two bikes, so I switch the GPS between them. Unless I don't lock the gps in-place (in which case, I'm a dummy), it's never failed.

Thanks. I may have been mistaken and the newer 390 or 590 mounts were not as good. 665 just got here today so I'll check the mount.

Thanks again,