Gas costs got you thinking differently?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank your legislators, nut. Gas is only 3.15 or thereabouts in these parts.
Notice any thing special about CA on this map?
It's not just the __________ (edited for potential forum rule violation). There's a bunch more involved than just those bozos.

'sides, I have ZERO home heating or air conditioning expenses so, up your gas nozzle! :p What are you paying for No. 2 heating oil? 3.80/gal? Thanks, I'll take the higher gas costs... I can control that expense somewhat more than heating/cooling costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas costs got you thinking differently?

Got me to thinking about how much tax WE ARE PAYING AT THE PUMP :madsmiley: , how much is "UNTAPPED" within our shores :realmad: , and the IDIOTIC IDEA of using food (corn) for fuel, WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING CHILDREN FOR GODS SAKES!! :ranting2:

https://www.taxadmin.org/FTA/rate/motor_fl.html

I try to be a Green guy (...waiting for the inevitable dog pile!), and a Clafironian to boot (= born here)! I have seen my state multiply X 10 in population in my lifetime! This is only "one grievance" that I accredit to the list of the "happy campers" that I have observed, after they landed on the Left Coast. The "State" of California, has tried to regulate this immigration in the only way it knows how (by the majority of the voters)= taxes. Yes, gas prices are high here, but why did all of those others come here?, and why shouldn't they any up? What? am I supposed to pay for all these wannabes, freeloaders, and deadbeats in improvements in infrastructure so they can travel over Sierra mountain passes, visit the coast line, enjoy the fruit and vegetables of agrarian toil, drink and flush our water?

I "propose" this as a question (?), because I'd like to know the real reason? Why are my gas prices really at $4.00/gallon in your opinion?

Oh My God what have I done! I may have to take myself off of this list! May the earth shake us once again because we ALL have our faults!

Lastly,

Motorcycling should Never be popular! The public should become more conscious of what a road actually costs?

Gas prices in the Great White North are higher than in the States, and while I didn't buy the FJR specifically to lower my fuel costs, I do plan on riding way more than I used to, and use the bike instead of a car whenever I can. Not sure this will actually lower my total fuel cost, as I tend to wander when I ride, but it will certainly lower my cost per mile.

Griff

I think we are a little bit delusional thinking we save money by driving a motorcycle vs. a car. My FJR costs the same per mile for gas and tires as my Mercedes, which uses premium gas. The tires kill the deal.

But I always take the bike because its so much fun!

Yep, looks like one or two folks couldn't keep from turning this thread into one of divisiveness and so far afield from the FJR.....they should probably go for a ride to clear out the angry emoticons.

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.