Gas Tank Sticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I pulled out the old hairdryer last night & pulled off the sticker. To be honest, I guess the hairdryer worked a little, but in the end, the sticker kept breaking off into little pieces, so I had to do the old fingernail technique for a while...what a pain.

Finally got it off though...cleaned it up & waxed the tank good. All is well, but now I have to get my nails manicured again...crap!

Buy some sticky stuff remover, it makes life a lot easier for removing “sticky stuff" off anything.

I removed mine after about a year. Had to use a razor blade, then goo gone. Still a faint outline where the sticker was, it will probably buff out next time I wax it though...

Geese my stickers were gone first day, upon riding Her home!!!!! Got out the old hair dryer and got busy..... :rolleyes:

I just wish I could remember to wear my helmet!!!!!! :rolleyes:

if you cover the sticker in question with scotch tape, it will hold it together when you peal it off. also works great on military base stickers, i taken dozen off that way.

In case your wondering why i take base stickers off in under 5 min in once piece is i sold car/trucks. You military guys know your SUPPOSED to turn them in if you sell/ trade your car in. ;)

I just put a "Watch out for soccer moms using cellphones" sticker over it.

That way I have something to read while on long straightaways..... :lol:

Seriously? I peeled mine off first day I had the bike. A little wax and it's like it was never there.

You'll have 7 years bad luck if you take it off.
B)
Damn Skip, My bike arrived without any stickers. Suppose that's why I've yet to get a year in without some type of debilitating injury grounding me for a month or two?

Believe it or not, three years and I've yet to put in a full season.

Anybody wanna sell me some stickers??

:jester: