Gas Tank Sticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a violation of Federal law if you remove the sticker!!! Do not do it! The Feds will be at your front door, along with the Federal Matress Tag Police (FMTP)! :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
odot can read?!?!?! :dntknw:
Damn straight!

Best damn nipple reader ya ever seen! Not bad at belly buttons either 'cordin to the wife :eek:

:jester:
That's a pretty damn good idea! Setup shop next to some palm reader with a giant sign that says "nipple reader". Of course you need an assistant to handle the guys that come in. :bad:

Well, I pulled out the old hairdryer last night & pulled off the sticker. To be honest, I guess the hairdryer worked a little, but in the end, the sticker kept breaking off into little pieces, so I had to do the old fingernail technique for a while...what a pain.
Finally got it off though...cleaned it up & waxed the tank good. All is well, but now I have to get my nails manicured again...crap!

Bought my new '08 yesterday. Beautiful bike. Stupid sticker.

1) If you're concerned about heat combined with highly flammable liquids stop reading here.

2) Heat gun...Craftsman in my case...medium setting...a little at a time.

3) Alternate heat, fingernail.

4) When sticker is removed take a clean t-shirt and dip a corner in vegetable oil (yeah, like in the kitchen).

5) Work a little at a time to remove adhesive.

6) Clean with Windex

7) After making sure all the adhesive is gone (so you don't wax over adhesive) apply a little carnuba wax.

8) Enjoy your new custom motorcycle.

I like the stickers. Makes it look new. I'm shtoopid though.

Last edited by a moderator: