Gauge cluster/windshield not center

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mack1300

Reaction score
I purchased a 04 fjr1300 abs about a week ago, I hadn't realized untill after I bought it that the gauge cluster and windshield aren't center with the key/handle bars.. the bike runs true and has no issues other than it being an eye sore haha.

What's really odd is there isn't any cosmetic damage that would indicate it was dropped or hit off something. The headlights where switched to led so my guess is it wasn't reassembled properly.

Just to note, I notic the panel that meets the tank on the left has a considerable gap in comparison to the right.

I'm planning on taking it apart and zeroing the issue but just wondering if theres anyone that has ran into this issue, tips on where the issue might be, tips on how to take it apart, and if it's even worth the hassle taking it apart considering it rides just fine.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20240719_172854.jpg
    20240719_172854.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240719_172858.jpg
    20240719_172858.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240719_172911.jpg
    20240719_172911.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240719_172916.jpg
    20240719_172916.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Inspection would be your first course of action. Are you sure the bike hasn't been dropped? Gen I front subframes are steel and will bend (rather than break) if the bike has been dropped hard.

Give the front end a good once over, paying special attention to the mounting points and tabs that locate the front assembly. Let us know what you find.

Good luck!

~G

Inspection would be your first course of action. Are you sure the bike hasn't been dropped? Gen I front subframes are steel and will bend (rather than break) if the bike has been dropped hard.

Give the front end a good once over, paying special attention to the mounting points and tabs that locate the front assembly. Let us know what you find.

Good luck!

~G
Well I'm not 100% on it not being dropped, I'm only saying it's not because of the fact that the fairings and panels are in good shape, but that might be because they where replaced.
If it was the subframe wouldn't that affect the ride? I'm only asking because it rides perfect.. my buddy has a 14 fjr and mine seems to ride exactly the same.

Well I'm not 100% on it not being dropped, I'm only saying it's not because of the fact that the fairings and panels are in good shape, but that might be because they where replaced.
If it was the subframe wouldn't that affect the ride? I'm only asking because it rides perfect.. my buddy has a 14 fjr and mine seems to ride exactly the same.
The subframe (should have said front stay!) I'm referring to supports the mirrors, front fairing and headlight assembly. If bike was dropped it could have moved to one side and not cause any ride quality issues. Only sure way to tell is remove some plastic and see what you find.

See front stay, #19 on the parts fiche.

~G

The subframe (should have said front stay!) I'm referring to supports the mirrors, front fairing and headlight assembly. If bike was dropped it could have moved to one side and not cause any ride quality issues. Only sure way to tell is remove some plastic and see what you find.

See front stay, #19 on the parts fiche.

~G
Okay thanks for the input. When I get some time to disassemble it I'll be back here to give an update and let you know what I find!