Gear for my wife

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texan

Rollie Reincarnated
Reaction score
I figured out how to buy the nimble 750 track bike I need. My wife is finishing her motorcycle safety class tomorrow. She'll learn on my Honda Shadow, but one day graduate to a track bike.

For now, I need to get her some cool gear.

Any suggestions on (probably mesh) gear for my wife. It's gotta look smokin' just like her.

I figured out how to buy the nimble 750 track bike I need. My wife is finishing her motorcycle safety class tomorrow. She'll learn on my Honda Shadow, but one day graduate to a track bike.
For now, I need to get her some cool gear.

Any suggestions on (probably mesh) gear for my wife. It's gotta look smokin' just like her.
New Enough Protective Apparel

Okay. We will need photographic evidence supporting your claim, before any advice can be given.

There are rules up in here.
Absolutely correct!

Yuh doesn't come inta hour house jist tokkin....yew gots tuh halve proof. I'm jist sayin'....

[SIZE=8pt]Seriously, take her to a local bike store and have her try on some clothing to see how it fits and, more importantly, how it feels. Then check for comparable equipment @ New Enough. [/SIZE]

You might also try https://www.gomotoriders.com/, a place for ladies apparel found in the Alternative Parts Source thread under FAQs.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally like the look of my icon field armor. Mesh, with CE chest, back and elbow plates. Very cool in the summer, while still protective.
ASTARS-PROTECTION-BIONICJACKET-2.jpg

Alpine Star Bionic Jacket.

VERY comfortable, feels well protected, very light (can wear under a jacket or sweatshirt for a cold day, or over a t-shirt on a warm day). Alpine-stars bionic jacket.

Alexi

I happened to have the opportunity :glare: to buy a new jacket for my 17 year old daughter this weekend. She ended up getting the Revit Siren (in red of course), she thinks it hot... and I think it's safe. We bought it at the local Beemer shop.

I really like the compression suits like the Alpinestars Bionic mentioned above, they even have a Stella women's version, but you will still need an abrasion layer.

Then again beauty is pain and a girl in full race leathers is sooo hot! (literally) :yahoo:

Then again beauty is pain and a girl in full race leathers is sooo hot! (literally) :yahoo:
A month ago I went to The Texas Mile in Golida Texas. This speed unlimited event was for bikes and cars. Without a doubt the hottest spectacle was a fit brunette on a modified ZX14 in full race leathers who topped 200MPH. She was bitching to several fellow riders that she couldn't get 210 and asking for advice.

Hot, hot, smoking hot. Smoking hot.

Depends on what is more important, form or function. I like to have both, but edge towards function. Also depends on riding environment. I ride year round (So Cal) and usually only don't ride only on first rain (in So Cal that could mean 9+ months of oil on ground) and really heavy storms (which I don't always avoid).

So, a jacket is important, but in a crash over 20-30mph, there is likely to be some sliding. You need the lower half protected too (I know of what I speak - my knees have scars on top of scars from skateboard, road and mtn bike, and m/c accidents from over the decades). Leather chaps on the missus can be might inviting... but don't want that tush hurt now, do we.

As the saying goes, I'd rather sweat than bleed (and I've bleed before and done black leather in the summer thru Las Vegas). Long ago I picked up an Aerostitch from a fellow rider who no longer fit into it. I've ridden in sub freezing temps and 120 in Death Valley (works great in the whole range). I love this suit (probably got over 80k miles on it). So we ended finding someone whose wife started having kids and decide not to ride anymore, so sold her stitch for half price. Suit had only been used a few times. As for function, heard from a number of people who had above legal speed get-offs, and walk away sore but unscathed wearing the suit. I've got the optional hip and back protector. I can't recommedn the Aerostitch suit highly enough for those ride in varied weather, want full body protection and like the idea of talking the suit off and having street clothes on underneath

Downside - funny looks from people who wonder why you are wearing a parachute or snowmobile suit in the summer (in the desert) - oh well. I carry my helmet with most of the time to answer the puzzling looks.

Good luck deciding

...Downside - funny looks from people who wonder why you are wearing a parachute or snowmobile suit in the summer (in the desert) - oh well. I carry my helmet with most of the time to answer the puzzling looks.
Good luck deciding
Do you mean wearing an aerostich suit in the middle of the desert like this:

516509815_MYGAq-L.jpg

516555018_dUEMr-L.jpg

516515172_VHidq-L-1.jpg

The aerostich suits are amazing & well worth the investment. My S/O has the one-piece & i wear either my two piece or one piece depending on the weather. We both find them comfortable, secure and completely weather-proof. True, they can get hot during the summer months - but as Lawrence stated, better sweat than blood!

If you want you wife to look really sexy - then get her a Ducati (dianese) two piece leather suit. Now those look WOW. And no, i won't post any pictures of Valerie in her leathers..... :tease: