Gen 1 Windshield Recommendation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the V-Stream for a ride and it works pretty good but still could be better. Maybe I'm expecting perfection and I shouldn't. The low pressure build up behind the V-Stream screen is better than the Cee Bailey's, buffeting was far less too. The added width on top of the V-Stream does make a difference. Makes it a little wider than I'm used to and makes me think more when lane splitting to make sure I don't contact someone's mirror.

In the lowered position it seemed to buffet the screen quite a bit. I could see the brackets really getting a workout, that concerned me. All the way up might help shorter riders, but still didn't get me in total quite air. I seemed to get the best performance and least perceived stress to the screen and brackets with the windshield up about one-third of the way or less. I do like it, I believe it to be better then my Cee Bailey's; however, my one concern is, I'm not sure what it might do in the long run to the brackets.

I'll only use this during the couple winter months in SoCal that it's fairly cold in the morning, then I switch to the 17 inch windshield. I'd like one even shorter around 14 inches for summer. Accessorizing I guess. How do I explain to my wife I need 3 windshields? I'm working on that one, but she understands me and my bike needs.

Right now I'm not sure about doing cut outs. I'd rather not screw up or negate any wind noise or flow that I don't want. I'll think about it….

I hope this helps others. Let me know if you have any questions or things you'd like me to try out.