Gen 2 Givi Trunk mounting?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renzo

Reaction score
A Big Aloha to all. We picked up a 07 model with 6,000 mi. Very nice.
Has been in storage for 5 years.
New batt, new gas, runs perfect.
Question on Givi trunk mounts.
It looks like there’s a difference in
the mounting plates from Givi for
the 01/05, 06/12, 13 & newer.
I have several trunks from other bikes back thru the years.
Would also like to find a pair of FJR side bags that need repair.
I have access to a body/paint shop. I’m sure some of you guys have the answers to the Givi trunk
mounting needs. Any help much
appreciated. Renzo, Big Island, Hi.

I was under the impression that 06 to current were the same with respect to trunk mounting...
Gen I is definitely different.

I was under the impression that 06 to current were the same with respect to trunk mounting...
Gen I is definitely different.
Hey Ross, thanks. There’s a couple on Fleabay of different years that sure look different.
Big difference in the prices as well. They definitely mount differently. The Gen 1 is way different.

Best bet is to get the sr357.mount. it'll help keep from breaking your subframe.

Hey Ross, thanks. There’s a couple on Fleabay of different years that sure look different.
Big difference in the prices as well. They definitely mount differently. The Gen 1 is way different.
They may have a different one for the very large cases? Not sure, but I thought the SR357 rack for the Monokey case worked with both Gen II and Gen III. (I had the SR357 on my 2007 as well as on my 2011)

Givi also lists the SRA2109, but their website is not very specific with respect to fitment.

They may have a different one for the very large cases? Not sure, but I thought the SR357 rack for the Monokey case worked with both Gen II and Gen III. (I had the SR357 on my 2007 as well as on my 2011)

Givi also lists the SRA2109, but their website is not very specific with respect to fitment.
I also had checked on the Givi website. Also called Revzilla but no real help. I think the 2013 is different than the 06 thru 12.
Theres a 2013 on Fleabay for only
$30 right now but from the pics I’m confused, it’s obviously different than the earlier model.

There is no doubt that the SR357 will work with your 2007.
Everything else on the rear of the bike (including seats) is the same for Gen II and Gen III+, so I would be surprised if the Givi was different???
Anyway, do you have a link for the one you saw on Fleabay?

Note that the SR357 (with Monokey mount plate) is superior to the OEM rack and other racks in that it provides better subframe support as per the @Oldjeep post, above.

Another vote for the SR357. Way better than any adapter plate on the pathetic OEM rack.

(and for those that lost track: the Gen 1 needs a Givi SR346 equivalent. Definitely different)

There is no doubt that the SR357 will work with your 2007.
Everything else on the rear of the bike (including seats) is the same for Gen II and Gen III+, so I would be surprised if the Givi was different???
Anyway, do you have a link for the one you saw on Fleabay?

Note that the SR357 (with Monokey mount plate) is superior to the OEM rack and other racks in that it provides better subframe support as per the @Oldjeep post, above.
Sent you a PM with #

2006 - 2023 rear ends are identical when it comes to the rear subframe and mounting seats and racks. The *only* difference is the new LED taillight assembly that started in 2016.

As posted above, get the Givi SR357 rack. Or, the Shad equivalent for a Shad topcase. Or, the Yamaha replacement aluminum rack for a Yamaha topcase or even a Givi or Shad with some modification and adapters.

Most of the last 21 years on FJRs I have used Give topcases. More recently, on my '23 FJR I have gone with the Yamaha OEM 50L topcase. (Now limited availability) But if I were starting from scratch, I would like to try one of the newer Shad topcases. It's variable. Changes size with an internal lever - raises or lowers the top portion. Met an FJR owner who loved his. Kind of cool.

2006 - 2023 rear ends are identical when it comes to the rear subframe and mounting seats and racks. The *only* difference is the new LED taillight assembly that started in 2016.

As posted above, get the Givi SR357 rack. Or, the Shad equivalent for a Shad topcase. Or, the Yamaha replacement aluminum rack for a Yamaha topcase or even a Givi or Shad with some modification and adapters.

Most of the last 21 years on FJRs I have used Give topcases. More recently, on my '23 FJR I have gone with the Yamaha OEM 50L topcase. (Now limited availability) But if I were starting from scratch, I would like to try one of the newer Shad topcases. It's variable. Changes size with an internal lever - raises or lowers the top portion. Met an FJR owner who loved his. Kind of cool.
Thanks to all and a Big Aloha to ya. We got hit with Hurricane Hone Saturday night and Sunday until afternoon.’Some damage, lotta rain, big mess, chain saw work of course. Big limb fell on my house so repair needed of course.
Two more are headed this way right now from Cabo. Hope they blow up or miss us if not.
About the trunk mount; Luckily I found one with a wrecker in Denver on Fleabay. It’s the 357 with the steel bottom plate like all you guys recommended.
Offered $50 and they went for it.
It should be in Phoenix in a couple
of days. We still need FJR bags,
Ugly, busted, scratched, road rash
notice I didn’t say smashed😜 no
problem. I found a wrecked pair up in Washington, haven’t seen pics yet or figured shipping cost.
Many thanks again, Renzo in Kau