• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen I parts needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Underhill

Reaction score
A Dodge Ram 1 ton tried to make me his new hood ornament. I dodged, he rammed. I got away, but not before he took off my right rear bag, dented the right exhaust can, and crunched the tail fairing. Anyone have any of these they have sitting around and would like to sell, please let me know.

Also, if anyone knows the best price online discount parts dealer, please let me know. Insurance is going to take care of it, (I think) but would like to keep cost down where I can.

Thanks!

... if anyone knows the best price online discount parts dealer, please let me know. Insurance is going to take care of it, (I think) but would like to keep cost down where I can.
Glad your still here and able to type this. ;) Can't help with the parts only to say do a search I remember a thread maybe last year where they checked prices nation wide and listed the dealers. All I rember from that is that #3 (I think) was in Longview, Tx.

Gary McCoy

Mondak Motorsports

1645 S. Central Avenue

Sidney, MT 59270

[email protected]

Toll free: 866-433-6635

Regular: 406-433-6635

Be sure to mention you're a member of the FJR Forum.

I have a complete rear section for a gen 1 , do you just need the rear plastic or did it damage your rear chassis . my parts are silver. I am on vacation but will be home friday after noon I can send you pictures. I do not have the bag although they can be bought on ebay quite often.

I have a complete rear section for a gen 1 , do you just need the rear plastic or did it damage your rear chassis . my parts are silver. I am on vacation but will be home friday after noon I can send you pictures. I do not have the bag although they can be bought on ebay quite often.
Just the plastic thankfully. Thanks for the offer on the silver one, but I would much rather have the factory painted parts in blue. Sometimes mixed results in repaint on plastic from what I hear, not to mention the labor expense and paint matching issues. Just took it to the local Yamaha dealer today, so will know exactly what I need soon.

Geezer, thanks for the info! I will give them a shout when I get my parts list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the plastic thankfully. Thanks for the offer on the silver one, but I would much rather have the factory painted parts in blue. Sometimes mixed results in repaint on plastic from what I hear, not to mention the labor expense and paint matching issues. Just took it to the local Yamaha dealer today, so will know exactly what I need soon.

Geezer, thanks for the info! I will give them a shout when I get my parts list.
There is an 05 being parted out on ebay right now. Not sure if they have what you need, but they have an awful lot of parts for sale.

Mike

Parts suppliers?????
That could be why I started this thread in the FAQ section. :dntknw:

Good list! Thanks for pointing that out.

Got a quote back today for $5400 in repair. Think that might have been a bit high, but obviously was very thorough. Rear frame, rear inner and outer, bag, supports, etc.

From what I understand the guy that hit me hasn't tried to pull anything funny, so I am pretty sure his ins. is going to pay, but at that estimate price, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to total it out on me. Oh well, if they do I suppose I will have to find me a Gen II. Sure have been eyeballn' those black ones. Just bought a new busa a few months ago, so they wife will probably pull the "Isn't one new bike a year enough?"

Thanks for all the help. This is the best forum on the net.

Latest posts