Gen III fork upgrades: Take heart.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjitsu

Reaction score
Thanks to Chuck35 and Skooter. I know have Gen II Traxxion forks on my bike (which are very swell). Which leaves me staring at a box with my Gen III forks in it. So, they’re going off to GP/KFG tomorrow morning for use as development mules.

With a little luck the rest of you Gen III guys should have a fork upgrade option in the near future.

AK

I take it that you feel the Traxxion AK-20s are a worthwhile upgrade......and I am going to take a wild guess that GP/KFG finds plastic damping parts in the 2013 forks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it that you feel the Traxxion AK-20s are a worthwhile upgrade......and I am going to take a wild guess that GP/KFG finds plastic damping parts in the 2013 forks.
Hell yes to the first question. The bike now feels light a big, overgrown track bike; that rides silky smooth.

We'll find out about plastic when the folks at KFG get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. Thanks for taking the plunge to have GP work on the Gen III forks. Hopefully they will take pictures of the disassembly for you.

Congrats on the new suspenders and thanks for providing the forks for research!

As Auburn says, hope there are some pics detailing the internals...

--G