Generating a GPX File Directly From Google Maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwirka

Reaction score
Just thought I'd point out this link:

GMapToGPX

Follow their instructions for installing it into your browser, then use it to generate a gpx file from a Google map. Remember to hit the "Get Directions" button after moving the purple line around before you generate the gpx data.

Though I haven't seen it lately, for awhile I was getting multiple smaller routes instead of one longer route. You will see this in the file as multiple <rte>...</rte> entries. Each <rte>...</rte> is a complete route with a name and description. You only want one <rte></rte> pair for one route.

If you have problems with multiple routes, you can edit the file to get rid of them.

Bob

Just thought I'd point out this link:
GMapToGPX

Follow their instructions for installing it into your browser, then use it to generate a gpx file from a Google map. Remember to hit the "Get Directions" button after moving the purple line around before you generate the gpx data.

Though I haven't seen it lately, for awhile I was getting multiple smaller routes instead of one longer route. You will see this in the file as multiple <rte>...</rte> entries. Each <rte>...</rte> is a complete route with a name and description. You only want one <rte></rte> pair for one route.

If you have problems with multiple routes, you can edit the file to get rid of them.

Bob
===

Bob

we are working on this topic

GO SEE

Status
Not open for further replies.