GenIII after market windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you GenIII folks gone to an aftermarket windscreen other than the Yamaha touring screen? I had a CalSci on my 07 and really liked it. It was very quiet and no turbulence. I have had CeeBailey screens on BMW's and they were fine. I find the Yamaha touring screen very noisy and not very good wind protection. Any input you have will be appreciated.

A Laminar Lip on the stock windshield!

For me this combination works perfect!
smile.png

https://www.laminarlip.com/fjr13.php

I snagged a Givi off a local guy. It's not much bigger than the stocker. Maybe +2H and +1W but it's compound curved. My previous fav on my Gen 1 was a CalSci Med with a Rifle tuning block. It was near perfection. This Givi is EXTREMELY good. Not quite as good as the CalSci/Block combo, but it way better finished (includes black masking to hide the 'batwing' mount at the base). No regrets. Good screen without the barn door affect.

This is about the best pic I have of it.

383591.jpg

Thanks for the input. Has anyone tried the CeeBailey screen on the GenIII. I agree with Steve g, the CalSci screen has a funky hue that in sun light and tinted helmet shield it looks kinda purplish.

Thanks for the input. Has anyone tried the CeeBailey screen on the GenIII. I agree with Steve g, the CalSci screen has a funky hue that in sun light and tinted helmet shield it looks kinda purplish.
I just installed the Cee Bailey Dark Gray Tint - 19in Sport Shield on my 14ES. Took it for a quick 20 mile ride at lunch, had it up around 60mph, and played with the settings. At low, very similar to stock, wind hits me around the neck (I'm 6' tall). As it goes up, I could feel the line moving up my helmet and about 3/4 of the way, there's a pretty good "cone of silence" effect. All the way up, I get some back turbulence that slightly pushes me forward, but nothing like I used to get with stock, maybe due to the slight lip on top. Quality is excellent and it looks great . . . no pics until I'm done with all of my farkles . . . maybe it didn't happen!?!?!?!