GenMar Handelbar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wel1123

Reaction score
I recieved an e-mail from GenMar mentioning the release of their new handelbar risers for 06/07 FJR's. Just thought I'd pass that along in case someone wanted to be the first on this block to evaluate them for the rest of us!

I recieved an e-mail from GenMar mentioning the release of their new handelbar risers for 06/07 FJR's. Just thought I'd pass that along in case someone wanted to be the first on this block to evaluate them for the rest of us!
Linky please???

Website doesn't list Gen II risers: only through '05. Do you have the email that you could pass along to us?

Per "Scott" at Gen-Mar (505-743-2243 or 877-471-7515):
"Limited qty in stock, currently shipping immediately, $89.99, 1" up, 1/2" back"

AGirl
Ordered and received mine this past week for my 06 (March 26 order, 31st received). Installation in about an hour. Removal of the top triple tree is needed to remove the stock stud plate, also you must cut the wire guide to free the wire harness. Simple nut and bolt installation of the riser blocks and away you go. The wires and cables use up all their free play but that does not limit lock to lock movement or raise idle on the bike. At 6', 34" inseam this small rise is just right for me and are very comfortable. Sorry no pic's but they look very close to Doug Hines recalled risers, the paint/powder? is a little duller than stock, instructions were clear and installation easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per "Scott" at Gen-Mar (505-743-2243 or 877-471-7515):
"Limited qty in stock, currently shipping immediately, $89.99, 1" up, 1/2" back"

A Girl
Ordered and received mine this past week for my 06 (March 26 order, 31st received). Installation in about an hour. Removal of the top triple tree is needed to remove the stock stud plate, also you must cut the wire guide to free the wire harness. Simple nut and bolt installation of the riser blocks and away you go. The wires and cables use up all their free play but that does not limit lock to lock movement or raise idle on the bike. At 6', 34" inseam this small rise is just right for me and are very comfortable. Sorry no pic's but they look very close to Doug Hines recalled risers, the paint/powder? is a little duller than stock, instructions were clear and installation easy.
Is there enough slack to re-tie the wire harness after the installation?

Installed mine on the 07 last week. Pulled the one pin mod first so I could change the angle. Rode this weekend and the height and angle change will probably do the trick for the hand pain. I still want to do the spring mod at some point. One thing though the pin is not easy to remove. You might ask them to not install the one pin when you order it. I'm not sure they would do that but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Glenn & pf-flyer,

Any reports on how you like the risers? Had a chance to road test them over extended miles?

I only went from Hermosa Beach to Port Magu for the airshow Sunday but in general I would say they are much better. My forward weight is less and with the bar angle adjustment less discomfort than before. I am going to get the Bill Mayer seat done this Friday so that will be a two hour ride and be a better test. I really feel the seat is a big part of the problem the way it sits and pushes you forward on the heels of your hands. I have a Harley, which by the way is for sale, and I never experienced a hand problem. You sit stretched out so you are really hanging on vs falling forward. One thing though on the riser. It is best to pull the pin from the unit vs the actual bars. It is shaped exactly like the base of the bars so if you were to make the adjustment at the bars and not on the risers it would overhang and look strange.

DSC02208.jpg

I'm ordering a set if they still have any. I loved my DH risers before the recall.

EDIT: Ordered.

installed my GenMar risers. Best farkle yet!

The bike seems so much smaller and comfortable now.

Sweet! Got my '06+ GenMar risers and got them installed in well under an hour.

I had the ill-fated DH risers and these are very similar in design EXCEPT that you replace the studs instead of extend them.

You remove the wire loom harness and its two studs from underneath the top triple clamp and replace them with the SERIOUS bolts GenMar supplies. After examining the stock studs I actually feel more confident about the rigidity of the bars with the GenMar units in place.

Also unlike the DH risers, these preserve the 3 position adjustment of the OEM bars.

These are a FANTASTIC alternative to the $300+ triple clamp replacements.

For slightly over $90 delivered, these are a HUGE win.

Currently I still run the Doug Hines risers. The triple tree risers are a work of art to behold and do the job very well and it sounds as though the Gen Mar risers are going to do fine also. Frankly I have complained about the price of the triple tree setup's, and actually the money may sound high but is it really? These units are machined from a block of aluminum and thats not a mundane task. My income is limited and still I have spent $300 on a radar detector, over $500 on riding gear not including my helmet, boots and gloves from a few years ago. A fender extender, radiator guard, head lamp protectors, and am considering a gps, rd/music sound setup for my helmet, ect, ect. Really if you start adding up this stuff one becomes numb and the fun starts to fade a little. I have over 6000 mi. and my Hines risers have had not one glitch. They have a rise of 1.5" with no pullback. The studs look beefy enough to me but they do look a little too much like a block. And rumor was one bike was dropped in a parking lot and broke a fastener and one fastener on another bike broke because of improper install. (Doug had instructions detailing the proper install and said unnecessary stress could happen if not done properly). In the real world bolts can and do fail but not very often. Personally I like being a little more over the front wheel for a little more control but up enough so I am not fighting the neck problem I have. Is a 1/2" offset to the rear enough gain on any of these risers with pullback for those who want it? Maybe so, I just dont see it. My Hines risers by design did allow me to widden the bars almost 1.5" at the ends though for even more control and less wrist strain. And I did torque both bolts on each bar to stock specs and they have not altered one bit and I have been on some real technical roads with some folks here and that did test the bars. I am way far from a good rider but I am learning. Really though some real people have stepped up to the plate to give us these options and for this I am grateful because anyone who has designed, developed and produced a product such as these has gone through one heck of alot of work and effort to help us. So keep up the good work and now we can enjoy our rides a little more because of it and to these people I say thanks! Be safe, PM. <>< :specool:

I am trying to understand what all is involved in the install. I have read the other posts in this thread but I am still having a hard time picturing what all is involved. Do you have to remove the entire triple clamp? How difficult of an install is it? I have adjusted the handlebars but that is about as much as I have done with this section of the bike.

Thanks,

Eric

Currently I still run the Doug Hines risers. The triple tree risers are a work of art to behold and do the job very well and it sounds as though the Gen Mar risers are going to do fine also. Frankly I have complained about the price of the triple tree setup's, and actually the money may sound high but is it really? These units are machined from a block of aluminum and thats not a mundane task. My income is limited and still I have spent $300 on a radar detector, over $500 on riding gear not including my helmet, boots and gloves from a few years ago. A fender extender, radiator guard, head lamp protectors, and am considering a gps, rd/music sound setup for my helmet, ect, ect. Really if you start adding up this stuff one becomes numb and the fun starts to fade a little. I have over 6000 mi. and my Hines risers have had not one glitch. They have a rise of 1.5" with no pullback. The studs look beefy enough to me but they do look a little too much like a block. And rumor was one bike was dropped in a parking lot and broke a fastener and one fastener on another bike broke because of improper install. (Doug had instructions detailing the proper install and said unnecessary stress could happen if not done properly). In the real world bolts can and do fail but not very often. Personally I like being a little more over the front wheel for a little more control but up enough so I am not fighting the neck problem I have. Is a 1/2" offset to the rear enough gain on any of these risers with pullback for those who want it? Maybe so, I just dont see it. My Hines risers by design did allow me to widden the bars almost 1.5" at the ends though for even more control and less wrist strain. And I did torque both bolts on each bar to stock specs and they have not altered one bit and I have been on some real technical roads with some folks here and that did test the bars. I am way far from a good rider but I am learning. Really though some real people have stepped up to the plate to give us these options and for this I am grateful because anyone who has designed, developed and produced a product such as these has gone through one heck of alot of work and effort to help us. So keep up the good work and now we can enjoy our rides a little more because of it and to these people I say thanks! Be safe, PM. <>< :specool:
What happened to Doug? I didn't like his risers, but no fault of his; they simply raised the bar height to a level where my freakin broken dirt bike shoulder was screamin at me.. and then the recall..then I haven't heard of Doug since.. and I liked Doug.. he was willing to give it a throw, then when it did not work out, he held to his word and did the right thing. If he offered a new product I would buy..