GenMar Rises

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kango

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me by providing me with a email address for GenMar.

I have looked at their new rises,as shown on the forum,and would like to order a set for my 07 model.

Thanks.

Here you go. Just installed them this evening so no seat time. They feel good sitting on the bike :)

WebSite

2796759030015906011S600x600Q85.jpg

2578451590015906011S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
kango...try here
Australian Motorcycle Components Pty Ltd

P.O. Box 6377

Maroochydore BC

Queensland

Australia

Phone: +61 2 9313 9833

Fax: +61 7 5437 9611

Email: [email protected]

Tax number: 29 100 395 766

https://www.amcmotorcycles.com

It's a bit closer to home. Not sure of the prices tho'.

FJR Steve,

Thanks for the info about the Genmar rises,I have ordered a set direct. from GenMar,

$122.50 DOLLARS Australian including postage

Here you go. Just installed them this evening so no seat time. They feel good sitting on the bike :)

I'll be looking forward to your opinions on the new risers! I emailed Scott at GenMar and he sent me the installation instructions to see how they'll work and he stated that they still need to work at updating their website to include them. I'm hoping for the best because I didn't want to do the triple tree replacement.

Thanks!

Fred

I'll be looking forward to your opinions on the new risers! I emailed Scott at GenMar and he sent me the installation instructions to see how they'll work and he stated that they still need to work at updating their website to include them. I'm hoping for the best because I didn't want to do the triple tree replacement.
Thanks!

Fred
Fred ...

Just got the Gen-Mar risers a couple days ago and installed them yesterday. Service was terrific. The price is great, too.

But, you'd think that after all the time I've had hooking up this and that farkle, that I'd be smarter than I am. But, nooooooooooooooo. I am not, m'friends.

Everything went well until I tried to install the 8 mm bolts. I misread (twice) the directions where the bolts go in from the TOP, not the bottom. I was having some problems and dropped the sucker .... heard it contact plastic and slide. ##%$&!! Couldn't see it. Eventually, I found the bolt after depressing the curved radiator/air management piece ... the bolt was poking out below it. With a magnetic telescope, I was able to retrieve it after an hour. I also took half the left side of the bike's Tupperware off, too.

Now, here's the really stupid part ..... I then tried again to install the 8 mm bolt from the bottom. I dropped it again .... and this time I could not retrieve it. #^$*@!! again. I went to the hardware store to source out another, but settled on some bolts that were not allen headed and a bit longer. They did not work .... really?? Yes, Grasshopper .... you are a stupid child. (BTW, I figured out the right side mounting and it was fine.) I'd stuff a towel in the area above the rad if I were doing this AGAIN.

Anyway, here's what I found with the risers. They do make a difference for me, but that said, I need the grips pulled back an inch. At least for me. I'm like 6'2" with 34" sleeve length. I rode about 85 miles today and 65 yesterday. I found that I took my left hand off the bars more than I would normally would on a motorcycle .... and my right shoulder blade area muscles are tight and in spasm. And, the right side of my neck hurts, too. I was still finding more (altho a lot less) pressure on my hands as I rode. And, my hands continue to tingle, too. I just can't get comfy on this bike.

The risers are much like Doug Hines in design ... Gen-Mar just replaces the bolts instead of extending them. A good idea. Quality is very good, too.

I think I'll try to remove the outboard pin from the risers (I did so with my bars a couple weeks ago) .... or cut them off. If I can rotate the bars BACK toward me an inch that would be great. Anyone try to do this?

I think the Gen-Mar risers are an improvement over OEM. I just need more. I'm sure others will find them perfect.

Since I just posted about the risers and me dropping one of the 8 mm bolts, I decided to check it out after today's ride. Maybe the bolt moved a bit on the rough country roads I rode, eh.

I pushed on the plastic shield above the radiator and out the end of the bolt popped ... the washer dropped and was not retrieved. No big deal, the nylon nuts seem to be enough and I have several ss washers in stock.

Soooooo ..... I'll try to remove the bars/risers tomorrow (or so). Remove or cut off the out board pin on the risers and re-install. (with a towel stuffed in the pit that has sucked in the bolt twice before !) I'll try to rotate the bars back towards me as much as I can.

If I'm successful, I'll post my experiences .... unless someone else has already done so.

Bagger