Getting An Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfmn16

Reaction score
I just closed a deal to buy an FJR! I can't wait to pick it up one week from Monday. It's going to be a fly and ride (actually a train and ride, but that doesn't sound as exciting). So my first ride will be six hours. I'm bringing an Alaskan Sheepskin pad and keeping my fingers crossed that my butt and back hold out.

Wish me luck gentlemen!

I just closed a deal to buy an FJR! I can't wait to pick it up one week from Monday. It's going to be a fly and ride (actually a train and ride, but that doesn't sound as exciting). So my first ride will be six hours. I'm bringing an Alaskan Sheepskin pad and keeping my fingers crossed that my butt and back hold out.

Wish me luck gentlemen!
6 hours - with stop for gas, food and a pee after 3hrs, no sweat. I've done 6 1/2 hrs 2 up, no problems. You'll have a blast!

First long trip on a new bike....pack yourself some of these:

aleve_10399_4_(big)_.jpg

Awesome news and congrats. Send me a message when ya get back and we can do some ridin. I'm just accross the bridge in the Urbana area off RT80. Have a fun ride home!

Six hours on the FJR is easy peasy, depending on what bike you're coming from. If the previous owner didn't install a throttle lock or cruise control, bring a cramp buster or some other similar device. Your arm and shoulder will thank you!

Depending upon previous rides..

The FJR may use muscles not previously used.

..and they may get tired.

Take your time, search the forum for 'Master Yoda'

..(google, the type in "Master Yoda site:fjrforum.com) and you'll get the drift.

Congrats doode!

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. The bike has a throttlemeister and I'm bringing a sheepskin. I just got back from riding from DC area to Sturgis and back on a softail, so this should be a piece of cake!

Good luck, sounds like fun and that's a great Twain quote!
Thanks. I collect Twain quotes. My other favorite (which I use on particularly annoying people on forums) is, "Never argue with an idiot. Them drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Wish me luck gentlemen!
Hi Congrats, What year/Color?, Any fun stuff attached already besides throttlemeister? just curious. post pics when you can. DR

Wish me luck gentlemen!
Hi Congrats, What year/Color?, Any fun stuff attached already besides throttlemeister? just curious. post pics when you can. DR
'05. blue (the fastest color!). Not a lot of farkles. I'll keep it lean too (ha, ha). I'll post pics when I get back. Thanks for the interest.

Pick it up from where?
Picking it up from New York. It's only about 300 miles from New York to Charles Town, WV. I mapped it out and it looks like a nice little break-in ride.

Last edited by a moderator: