getting to turn signal flasher in '08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the easiest way to get to this device? Searching the forum has been of little help and the service manual even less. . .

There has to be an easier way than removing all the forward tupperware???

If its a Gen II FJR, take off the battery cover on the top of the fairing under the right handle bar grip. Remove the right head light adjustment nob and the right side panel that nob is attached too. You will see it just above the cable that is part of the adjustment for the head light.

If its a Gen II FJR, take off the battery cover on the top of the fairing under the right handle bar grip. Remove the right head light adjustment nob and the right side panel that nob is attached too. You will see it just above the cable that is part of the adjustment for the head light.
ty Easy! looks like a good job for tomorrow if it rains (putting in the Kisan signal canceling device)

ty Easy! looks like a good job for tomorrow if it rains (putting in the Kisan signal canceling device)
I just put one in with a Back Off Break Hold from from Signal Dynamics. B)
I already have a Signal Dynamics back off, and just got the Kisan signal minder. I hope the universe doesn't explode when I hook these together...

I just put one in with a Back Off Break Hold from from Signal Dynamics. B)
I already have a Signal Dynamics back off, and just got the Kisan signal minder. I hope the universe doesn't explode when I hook these together...

Yeahhh, we all survived. All is happy with the blinky blinkies...

I've heard that these signal cancellers will also turn off the hazzard flashers..? tru dat?

I've heard that these signal cancellers will also turn off the hazzard flashers..? tru dat?
Yep they do turn off the flashers. Not really that big of deal, since I've only used them once, and just to see them work. Kind of a waiste of a feature to me. There is of a work around though, connect the rear turn lights to the running light feature, and then, use the signal minders control for the flashers.

This flasher canceling device sounds like something I need. Where can I get one and how much do they cost.

Thanks

This flasher canceling device sounds like something I need. Where can I get one and how much do they cost. Will it work on my '07?

Thanks

This flasher canceling device sounds like something I need. Where can I get one and how much do they cost.Thanks

This flasher canceling device sounds like something I need. Where can I get one and how much do they cost. Will it work on my '07?

Thanks
Kisan, SM3 is the model you need. As long as you hook up the brake wire interface you get the function of it not turning off with your brakes aplide. You set it for 10, 20, or 30 seconds or flashes. I don't really remember. I have mine set for 20.

I got mine on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a SignalMinder on an 05 Honda VTX1800F. On that model I had to open up the turn signal switch and remove a spring so you could manually cancel the turn signal. It worked really well, I have been considering on for the FJR. Worked great with LED bulbs.