Give me twisties or give me death Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Meet time: 10am

Leave: 10:15am

Route: Starting in Monroe, we will hit the backroads to Granite Falls, Arlington

to a secret twisty place. From there we head north towards Sedro Wooley via

secret route #2. From Sedro Wooley, we head out on secret route #3, then south

on Highway 530 to Darrington and back home via a selection of Granite

Falls/Snohomish backroads.

Probably 4-6 hours depending on stops.

Dress warmly. Weather can be iffy at altitude.

Slow to moderate pace.

Cameras & daypacks advisable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to go but stuck here in central Cali gotta do the tire thing. need new ones put on.

Thanks for the Offer have fun and be safe :bike:

How about a little more notice! :)

I owed a friend some favors and he called them in today, I had a chance to say, how about next week but I thought, nah, no rides planned for Sunday anyways (other than riding over to his house).

Now I read there is a ride :dribble:

have fun

No problem, guys.

I posted this ride on several forums. It started as a "possible" ride for our new ride group sponsored by Adventure Motorsports here in Monroe. There's several "newish" riders who I don't feel are ready for "railing" hard in the twisties....

thus the SLOW to MODERATE pace.

I do have a 3-pass blast run coming up on May 9th that will be ridden in reverse of most everyone else. More later.

I will see if I can make it. I had a molar ripped out of my skull today at the dentist and it hurts like hell, but if I can get my helmet on my head I will be there.

Bob

again, wish i knew bout this ride. i live in eureka mt. I :dribble: WANTED TO GO!!!!!! need a lil more notice, i would sleep aside my scoot to go on one of these rides. obviosly i live in a small town.

Well, three of us had a pretty good time. :clapping:

We left Monroe, zigged & zagged to Granite Falls, up Jordan Road to Arlington, up Highway 9 a tad then zigged and/or zagged to, around & from Lake C., up past Big Lake, twistied though the back country (found a new lake not on the map) to Clear lake, then east on the old highway, south on 530 to Darrington and home via Jim Creek Road, Jordan Road and the Lake Bosworth twisted route.

A brief stop at the Jordan suspension bridge

SundayRide4-26-2009002.jpg

A couple of hooligans 'posing'

SundayRide4-26-2009003.jpg

Taking a snack break at Lake C

SundayRide4-26-2009004.jpg

Food & Gas in Concrete

SundayRide4-26-2009005.jpg

Big ass hill overlooking Darrington

SundayRide4-26-2009007.jpg