Givi 46/Fred Harmon brake lights-connector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
I have a Givi 46 top box with Fred Hamon tail/brake light setup. I have been switching bikes and have not had the lights hooked up for awhile. I decided to hook the lights up but I want a 3 prong connector setup between the box and the bike. I take the box on and off the bike quite often so I want a connector that's water proof and comes apart fairly easy.

Ideas?

I have a Givi 46 top box with Fred Hamon tail/brake light setup. I have been switching bikes and have not had the lights hooked up for awhile. I decided to hook the lights up but I want a 3 prong connector setup between the box and the bike. I take the box on and off the bike quite often so I want a connector that's water proof and comes apart fairly easy.

Ideas?
Where do your wires go back into the bike? Do you need the connection to be outside in the weather or can it go between the back seat/body and have the connection under the seat?

Liberal application of cream cheese pie on the connectors will keep the water out... :p

I suppose a MS style connector would be too bulky?

Well, I can't help you, but I still have the original Fred-H connector on mine and I'd love to have something better. Let us know if you find something.

For the others who are trying to help, the problem is that the wires are fairly small and will break easily. The wires hang out the bottom front of the trunk and it is very easy to forget to disconnect the plug before you pop the trunk off. So we need something that is durable but slides apart easily without breaking the wires when pulled apart.

They have a good setup but I don't want to buy the whole package just to get their connections when my lights work great.
I can help with that. They owe me a favor or two. You just need to learn how to ask the right people.

:)

Just checked, I think I have the pieces you need in my spare parts box. Get your cell phone fixed and call me.

Last edited by a moderator: